Chapter 22 Talk It Out

• RECAP •

Kentrell walked closer to the table that Amara was on but he made sure Amara didn't see him. Kentrell sat Kind down on the ground and she ran to the table. Amara was in the middle of talking but then she stopped. She picked her up and then looked up and seen Kentrell.

"What are you doing here?"Amara asked putting Kind on her hip.

"Um, I got something important to ask you."Kentrell told her.

"Ask me what?"She asked coming over to him.

"Will you ma~"Before he could get on his knee all the way or even finish what he was gon say, she stopped him.

"Stop. Don't do this."She said pulling him up.

"I want to though."He said to her.

"No, Kentrell. Now is really not a good time, okay?"She said holding his hand to make sure he didn't try to get on his knee again.

"What you mean it's not a good time?"He asked her.

"I'm literally in the middle of a very important meeting right now."She said quietly.

"That's more important than us?"He asked in disbelief.

"Yes, at this moment. I don't want you to do this because I have to tell you something. But later I promise."She said to him.

"So that's a no?"He asked her.

"No. It's not a no."She said.

"Then it's a yes?"He asked.

"I~. Look, just take Kind and leave. I'll meet you back at the hotel after this, I promise."She said before handing him Kind.

"Aight, I guess."I said sadly.

Amara kissed Kind forehead and then she gave him a small smile. She walked back to table and started talking back to her business partners. Kentrell held Kind close to him and walked out. The boys tried to talk to him but he ain't wanna hear it. He got in the car and stared out the window. Tears fell down his face, he quickly wiped them. He stayed quiet the whole ride.

•••

 😦 Amara p

😦 Amara p.o.v 😦
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
1:23 AM

"I'm so tired bro."I said yawning.