Chapter 12

The dress above is Marinette's for the prom.

Marinette's Room

I was sitting on my bed hugging my pillow. The I heard a knock on my door. Then it opened to reveal my dad.

"Hey." I said. "Hey. There's someone here to see you." Dad said. I shot up. "Plagg?" I ask. Then Emilie walked in and Dad walked away. "Hi, Mari. I was hoping maybe we could talk." Emilie said as she sat on my bed. "There's really nothing to talk about. I'm just really sorry for lying to Plagg about Adrien and... Now I've ruined our friendship." I say then cried into my pillow. "Mari, I was friends with your mom for over 20 years. She was my best, best friend. But if you think that we didn't fight sometimes, you got another thing coming." Emilie said. I looked at her. "Really?" I ask. "Sure. But you know, I can't really remember what a single fight was really about. But what I do remember is that we always forgave each other." Emilie said. " It doesn't really feel like that right now." I say. "Don't give up on him. You're lucky if you can get even one really good best friend in your life. You just have to figure out how to make it right." Emilie said then hugged me.

( I gotta admit, the next couple of weeks were pretty lonely. Adrien was totally MIA. His attendance at school got so bad, he was in danger of not graduating. Worst of all, Plagg was completely ignoring me. At least Dad had forgiven me. He even paid for my driving lessons. Decided it was about time I got my license. Then one day it hit me. Holy crap! Rule Number Seven! No matter how mad you are at your best friend, you have to forgive them if they give you ice cream.) I walked up to Plagg at school with a chocolate and mint ice-cream. "I'm sorry." I say. Plagg took the ice-cream. I smiled at little bit. Then Plagg threw the ice-cream into the bin and walked away.

Adrien's POV

I drove my motor-cycle in front of Marinette's house. Then I walked in to see Tom washing his car. "Hey, Mr. Dupain-Cheng." I say. "Where have you been, Adrien? Tom asked. "I had to get away and think. I'm... I'm on my way home now." I say. "Good. Listen, Marinette's not here." Tom said. "I'm actually here to talk to you." I say looking down. "Oh?" Tom asked then leaned onto is now dried car. "I just... I wanted to apologize. About everything. I shouldn't have let it happen. It was all my fault. Not Marinette's. But I'm not sorry that it did happen. Or for the way that I feel about your daughter." I say. "Oh, Adrien. I can't say I support the two of you. I can't. But it's got to be Marinette's choice. I just think that Marinette is gonna have to figure out what's best for Marinette." Tom said. "I understand." I say then walked to my motor-cycle and drove back home.

Marinette's POV

I was sitting at a seat 5 metres away from the dance machine drinking a banana milk-shake when Plagg walked in. He looked at me then put in 25c for him to play the dance machine. I looked away. I then heard another 25c get put in. I looked up to see Plagg gesture to me to come over. I placed my drink down and walked over the game stared when I got over. We started to dance slowly then got into it. Plagg smiled as we danced. Then he hugged me. I smiled.

We then walked out laughing and that.

"Hey... so I have been thinking about our birthday party after prom, and I was leaning towards like a costume party, maybe?" I ask. "Hells yes! Yes. Come on, you know me. Any excuse to cross-dress and I'm in!" Plagg said.

Prom Night

I walked down the stairs to see my Dad and Bridgette waiting for me. Then Bridgette noticed my dress. "Holy..." Dad covered her mouth. "I know, right? Dad, are you...?" I asked when I noticed that Dad was crying. "Come here! You have fun tonight. Okay, Mari?" Dad asked as he hugged me. "Okay. Okay." I say.

At Prom

Tikki, Plagg and I walked through the doors to see amazingness.

"No way!" I say. "This is amazing! Look! Oh, come on!" Tikki said then we saw Alya and Nino. "Hey, Yearbook People." Plagg said. "Yeah?" They both asked at the same time. "These pictures... really good. Kind of makes you two a little less annoying." Plagg said. " Thanks!" Alya said.

"Hello, Paris Country Day Prom!" Dawn yelled over the singers. "Now, I'd like to introduce this year's theme... Memories. Photographs which show images of great moments from a truly fantastic year. The moments that stood out and helped to define who we are as a class. It's a final look back on who we were, at the very moment that we're looking forward to who we want to become. So, for everyone out there, let's make this prom the very best! Onward to Memory Lane!" Dawn said then we walked through a hall way filled photos. "It's amazing!" "This is so cool!" "Who did this?" "It's beautiful!" "Oh, my God." People were saying then we heard cheering. "What's that all about?" I ask. "I don't know." Plagg said then we saw a version of our kissing booth. "Guys! You guys are too much." Plagg and I said. Plagg then pulled Tikki onto the booth. He slipped on the blindfold and kissed Tikki. I smiled.

(It was at this exact moment that I finally felt okay. I wasn't thinking about Adrien, or Plagg, or anybody. I was a small part of something that mattered. The kissing booth meant something to people. It was gonna be remembered by everybody. And that made me happy. Until I saw him.) My eyes winden when I saw Adrien walk onto the stage with a tux on. "Marinette. I think you're next up." Adrien said. "I'm sorry, Adrien. I can't." I say with tears forming in my eyes. "No, Marinette, wait, please! Marinette." Adrien said. "Why? Why should I?" I ask. "Because I love you. And standing here, in front of everyone, I'm telling you that I love you." Adrien said. I look at Plagg. Then back at Adrien. "I'm sorry. I just... I can't keep hurting people that I care about because of you. Okay? Nobody wants us to be together." I say. "Well, that may be true. But what do you want?" Adrien asked. "I want... I want to go." I say then ran off, crying. "Marinette. Hey, Marinette! Wait up!" Plagg yelled as he and Tikki ran after me.