Chapter 11

At The Dancing Place

"Hey, this is great. I really needed this." I say as we danced. "Yeah, we really haven't been hanging out much, right? You've been, like, acting really weird recently. Wait. Is this because you don't have a date to prom? Because if that's it, you can come with Tikki and I." Plagg said as the game finished. "Um." I say. (Stop lying to your best friend. It's time.) "Plagg, there is something I wanted to tell you." I say then Tikki walked in. "Hey, guys!" She said. "Hey, you made it!" Plagg said. "Sorry. Traffic was crazy." Tikki said. "Hey! Hey! So, it's okay if Marinette comes to prom with us, right?" Plagg asked Tikki. "Absolutely! The more, the merrier!" Tikki said smiling. "See? So, what was it you were saying?" Plagg asked. "Oh, nothing. It was about prom." I say. "So... Okay. Off. My turn. Bully!" Tikki said while trying to get on the dance machine.

At Adrien's and Plagg's place

"Stupid. I swear to God. Says it right here. It's so her!" I say as I looked through my Instagram photos. "Hey, could you pass me the wrench, please? The little black tool box on top of the shelf. Thank you." Adrien asked from under his car. "You're welcome." I say. I climbed up, grabbed the wrench then I fell. "Marinette!" I hear Adrien said.

"When'd you become such a doctor?" I asked Adrien as he fixed up the cut on my cheek. " Since I started getting into fights. You kind of learn to take care of yourself when that happens." Adrien said. "Why do you get in all those fights anyway?" I ask. "I think I... I guess it's kind of just how I'm wired." Adrien said. "I don't believe that." I say with my arms crossed. "My parents even sent me to see a couple of counselors. But you know, we're all fucked up one way or another, right?" Adrien asked as he wiped the rest of the blood of my face. "You could change." I say. "You think I can change?" Adrien asked. "You're Adrien Agreste." I say. "I don't think there's much you can't do." Adrien said then Plagg walked in.

"Hey, Adrien, have you seen Marinette?" Plagg asked then noticed me. "Hey. What's going on in here?Jesus! What happened your face?" Plagg asked hen he noticed the cut. "Oh, I had an accident and Adrien offered to help." I say. "Did you do that to her?" Plagg asked. "What did you just say?" Adrien asked while walking towards him. "I said did you do that to her? Did you hit Marinette?" Plagg asked. "You really think I'd hit her?" Adrien asked. "I wouldn't put it past you." Plagg said. "Hey, no. Plagg, I'm fine. I just tripped in the garage. I was looking for you." I say. "You really expect me to believe that she just tripped?" Plagg asked. "Get a clue, Plagg! You weren't even here!" Adrien said. "I swear to God, if you laid a hand on her..." Plagg said walking even closer to Adrien. "All right, that's it!" Adrien said. "Adrien! Hey! Stop! Adrien! Stop! Look at me. Adrien, look at me!" I say then Adrien calmed down.

"Come on." Plagg said then we stood in the hall-way. "Is there something going on between you two?" Plagg asked. "What? No, nothing is going on." I lied. "Okay. Fine. But I really need to get out of here." Plagg said. "Do you want to go downstairs and start the car? I just need to grab my things." I say then walk back into the room that we were in before.

"Look, I have to tell him tonight." I say to Adrien. "Yeah. It's time. That way I can take you to prom." Adrien said then he kissed me. "What the fuck?" We hear. I then see Plagg with tears in his eyes. "Plagg, I can explain." I say. "Unbelievable." Plagg said then ran. "Wait, no. Plagg. Plagg, wait." I say then Adrien started to follow me. "Wait, Adrien. Stay here, please. Let me handle this." I say then ran after Plagg.

"Plagg! Plagg, wait! Plagg, wait! Wait." I yell to Plagg as we ran up the hill. Plagg then turned around. "So this is what you've been keeping from me?" Plagg asked. "You were never meant to find out this way." I say crying. "Seems I was never meant to find out at all, doesn't it?" Plagg asked. "Hey, lay off her, Plagg. It's not like it's all Marinette's fault." Adrien says walking up to us. "You! Don't even get me started on you, okay? Telling other guys to stay away from Marinette to protect her. And there you are, treating her like some slut that you picked up at the club!" Plagg yelled. "You have no idea what you're talking about." Adrien growled. "So you're trying to tell me that you two have not slept together." Plagg said. Adrien and I look down. "I knew it. So you really just have been fucking my brother and lying to me." Plagg said to me. "No." I say with tears running down my face. "Okay, Plagg. That is enough." Adrien said. "No, it's not enough. She has no clue what she's gotten herself into with you!" Plagg yelled. "This is bullshit. You're acting like a hurt, little bitch." Adrien said. Plagg then punched him in the face. I gasped. Adrien then pinned Plagg to the ground. " Adrien, get off of him! Stop! Adrien, get off of him!: I yelled. "Calm down! That is enough! Calm down! I'm not letting you go until you chill out!" Adrien yelled. "Get off of me!" Plagg yelled.

"Chill out!" Adrien yelled again. "Get off! Get off him! Get off!" I say crying. "Please! Stop! Here." Adrien said then got off him. Plagg slapped him. "Please." I whispered staring at Plagg. Then he ran off again. "Please, Plagg! Stop, Plagg! Please! Plagg, please! Please, Plagg, don't leave like this." I yelled as Plagg got into his car. "So much for Rule Number Nine, huh?" Plagg asked. "I didn't mean for this to happen." I say. "You know, my whole life, Adrien has gotten everything that he has ever wanted. The only thing that I had that he didn't... was you. And now he has that too." He said as he started the car up. "Plagg." I whispered. "It's okay. You two deserve each other." Plagg said then drove away.

"Marinette. Look, it's okay. He'll get over it." Adrien said from behind me. I turned around and pushed him. "Why? Why did you come downstairs? I told you to stay inside! Like you wanted to make things worse! What is wrong with you?" I ask. "You can not pin all this on me." Adrien said. "Just leave me alone." I whispered. "No problem." Adrien said then walked to his motor-bike and drove away as I watched him go.

(Some people say you'll fall in love. And that's the person you'll spend forever with. They'll be the one who, no matter what, you can't live without. But at that moment all I cared about was Plagg. And I was pretty sure I'd lost him forever.)