Chapter 8

In Art Class

"So we've got a pretty solid line up now, but we're still down one Adrien Agreste, though. But let's focus on the booth. I'm going to make the letters, and then you are going to make everything else. Okay? We're only two days away from the carnival so we need to move. Chop-chop!" I say as Plagg and I painted the letters for the booth. "Have I ever told you that you're bossy?" Plagg asked. "Yes, but then I told you not to tell me that anymore. Ha-ha-ha. You're funny. I prefer the term "witty." I'm more of a slapstick guy myself." Plagg said. "Really?" I ask then Plagg got a paint brush with pink paint then splashed me with it. "I am sorry. Was that the wrong color?" Plagg asked smirking. "Oh, you're gonna..." Plagg then dipped his hand into the paint bucket and covered my face with paint. "Oh, you're so dead!" I say then started to splash him with green paint.

In The Boy's Bathroom

I walked into the bathroom, blinded with paint. I walked to the sink then took my shirt off. Then I saw a boy in a towel walk past me. I looked up to see all the boys plus Adrien. I grabbed my shirt and covered myself. "Holy shit! She looks like a hot Braveheart!" One of the boys said. Adrien walked towards me. "You need to leave." Adrien said while pushing me to the door. "Stop it!" I said. "I told you before, stop messing around." He said. "I'll leave when I want to! You're not the boss of me, Noah." I say. Then the other yearbook person took a photo. "Yearbook!" Nino said then got a death glare from Adrien. "I'll just delete this immediately." He said nervously. "Come on, let's just go, huh? I mean it. Now put your shirt on and get out." Adrien said but I backed up. (What he said made sense. It also meant he cared. But what came out of my mouth was...) "I told you to stop telling me what to do." I said. "Oh!" All the boys yelled. (Watch this, Adrien Agreste.) I threw the shirt then ran through the bathroom. "Go, Marinette! Go, Marinette!" The boys cheer. I walk back to the front, grabbed my shirt and walked out.

At The Carnival

I walked through the crowd then saw Adrien. "Hey. Hey. Um, listen... I know that we don't really see eye-to-eye on things, but I'm... I'm desperate. So maybe if you could just stop by the booth for a little. I don't know. I just... It would mean a lot to me." I say to Adrien. "Wow. The independent Marinette Dupain Cheng who doesn't want to be told what to do by anyone, is begging somebody else for help." Adrien said. "It is what it is, Adrien. I mean, I just really thought that maybe it would be nice for you to do something for people that care about you." I say then walked away to mine and Plagg's booth.

"Step right up, ladies and gentlemen! Come one, come all, behold the power and raw intensity of a kiss from one of our beautiful people! A ticket and a mint, which we encourage each and every single one of you to use! Just gonna be $5. All sales and epic smooches are final! As you may have noticed, there's a slight twist to this kissing booth. The people you will be kissing are blindfolded! First up, for the ladies. The one and only Felix!" Plagg said. "All right!" The boys said. "And for the guys, the breathtakingly hot Lila! Alrighty, let's do this thing!"

"I'll take that. Thank you! A great smootch!" "Felix!" "Yeah! He needs a $20! Yeah! Okay, give this guy two mints." "We are killing it." "Yeah! But we do have one problem. The girls are asking for Agreste, and I have a solution." Plagg said then pointed to himself. I sighed.

"Alrighty! As promised, the next kisser is Agreste!" I say. Then Dawn looked at Plagg. "Hold on. That is not Agreste." Dawn said. "That is Plagg Agreste." I say. "The only reason I ever talked to that dork was to make sure he'd get his brother to come to the booth tonight." Lila said. "Let's go." Some of the girls said then walked away. "I guess I'm next." A girl with red hair said then walked up. Plagg touched her cheek and smiled. He then kissed her. Plagg took his blindfold off then looked at the girl. "Wow." Plagg said. "Oh. I hope you like what you see." The girl said. Plagg then kissed her again.

"Hey, Mari. So, Tikki and I are gonna hang out now." Plagg said. "Oh, but there's another hour left." I say then Plagg gestured to Tikki. "Okay. Yeah. Just don't do anything I wouldn't do." I say. "All right, see you later." Plagg said while walking away. (Rule number 18... Always be happy for your bestie's successes. For me, that one has always been easy to follow.) "No ways! I can't." Lila said walking from the stage. "What's wrong? Is everything okay?" I ask.

Chloe's POV

Sabrina and I looked through the curtains to see a boy pick his nose then wiped it on his shirt. "Ew! Imagine having to kiss that!" I say. "I can't do it! Not with him!" I hear Lila saying. "Gross. It's payback time for lying about Agreste." I say then walked back to Marinette and Lila. "Who? Who's out there?" Marinette asked. "It's Lila's ex. And the problem is we're all really good friends. Right, Lila?" I asked. "Oh! Yeah.Totally. Yeah. Say, Marinette, you don't know Lila's ex at all, do you?" I ask. "No, well..." Marinette said.

Random POV

"Then it's solved!" The girls said then put the blindfold on Marinette. "Oh, no, Sabrina, please! I don't think this is a good idea." Marinette said.

"Cutsies?" The boy asked Adrien. "What?" Adrien asked. "Cutsies." The boy said.

"No, Sabrina!" Marinette said. "Time to get your dirty-girl on!" Lila said.

"Thanks, dude." Adrien said.

Marinette was pushed on the stage, blindfolded. She tried to walk around but tripped. She then landed in Adrien's arms. "Sorry. Oh, muscles! Sorry. Okay. Thank you." Marinette said. "Oh, my God." The LCS girls said. "Sorry. I know that you were probably expecting Lila," Marinette said. Adrien looked at were she was pointing then looked back at her. "So we don't have to do anything if you don't want to. Truth be told, I've never kissed anyone before. It's not that I haven't wanted to, don't get me wrong. For example, I punched Max in the sixth grade during Seven Minutes in Heaven. Sophomore year, Spring Fling, I was dancing with Nathaniel. You know, a romantic song came on. I was like, "Oh, it's gonna happen!" But... until... it just didn't, cause..." Then Adrien kissed Marinette on the lips.

Marinette's POV

(This isn't so bad. Not so bad at all. Wait!) I pulled my blindfold off then saw Adrien. I pulled him into another kiss. Our mouths moved in sync. We then stopped, panting. "There..." Adrien said. Then everyone cheered. "Everyone... everyone just saw that, didn't they?" I asked. "Yup. Pretty much." Adrien said. "Oh, my God! Kill me now!" I say. "Come on. Relax, Princess. It was just a kiss." Adrien said. (Was it, Adrien? Was it just a kiss?) I thought. "Yeah. Of course. All right." I say. "So I'll... I'll see you around." Adrien said. "Adrien! Adrien! Adrien!" The crowd cheered. "Keep up the good work, huh?" Adrien said then walked away. "Good word? What the...? Oh. "Good work." I say. (And then it hit me. Holy crap! What am I going to tell Plagg?)