Chapter 5

Adrien's POV

I was on the phone with Marinette.

"You do realize that you're not my dad, right?" Marinette asked. "Look, you still got a lot to learn, kiddo." I say while swinging on my chair, naked. "Kiddo? Oh, my God. Oh, if you were here, I would beat you with my shoe," Marinette said. "Luka is a player." I say. "So are you!" Marinette said. "And that's why I know he's wrong for you. You're gonna thank me one day." I say. "Okay. Well, today is not that day. It is not your job to monitor my dating life. Do you understand me? The days of you controlling my life are over!" I hear Marinette say on the other line. I smirked. "We'll see about that." I say, then Marinette hung up.

Marinette's POV

When I hung up on Adrien, I threw my phone onto my bed.

The Next Day

"Next proposal is from the dance club. Marinette Dupain-cheng and Plagg Agreste." We hear. "You have an accent." Plagg said with the same accent Dawn Dean. Then Dawn looked at Plagg with a face. "Sorry. I thought that was gonna be funnier." Plagg said. "And what is your idea for the fundraiser?" Dawn asked with a serious face. I grabbed the cards that I was reading. "Um... Sorry. Okay. We have an idea that we think everyone will be very excited about. But first, we want to thank you for your time and ask that you withhold any..." I was interrupted by Plagg. "Kissing booth! Yeah, we want to do a kissing booth." Plagg said. I just threw the cards in the air. "Hmm. Okay, I think I speak for everyone when I say kissing is the number one cause of all germs, cavities, shingles, gingivitis, cold sores..." Harry Dean said. "Ew." Sabrina said to her friends. "Uh, it would be totally voluntary. And no tongue, because we're not the French. Most of us." Plagg said looking at Dawn. (Just pretend that they live in Paris but aren't French, Okay? Good. On with the story) "I'm British, you wanker!" She said "Excuse me, but would you be working the booth?" Chloe asked. "Me? No. We're just the organizers. But I can assure you, we have some real A-listers lined up. You can count on that." I say. "Would Agreste be working the kissing booth?" Lila asked. "Ha! Adrien? You'd have a better chance getting Miley Cyrus to become a nun..." Plagg said then I shutted him up. "Absolutely! No, Agreste will be working the booth. I promise. Agreste will be there." I say with a nervous smile. "Hmph." The L.C.S girls said.

Sunday

(You're about to witness a family tradition. For as long as I can remember, we've had lunch with the Agreste's every Sunday.) "Hey, guys. Hey!" (That's Mrs. Agreste. She's sort of a surrogate mom to me. I couldn't have made it through the years without her.) "How's school going?" She asked as we sat down. "Let's just say, "interesting."" I say. "I don't know what that means, but I want to hear all the gory details later." She said. "Hey. Hi. Hi there." "And how's my favorite little woman?" Gabriel asked. "I'm okay." Bridgette said. "Hey, Adrien! I haven't seen you since you got back from football camp. They got you starting again?" Dad asked Adrien. "Well... he'll be lucky if he makes it through the season. He goes and gets into a fight on the first day of school." Gabriel said. "Really? What happened?" Dad asked. "Tell him." Gabriel says. (Here it comes.) Adrien then stares at me then takes the toothpick from his mouth. "It was just an argument over something that happened at football camp. Excuse me." Adrien said then left the table. (Wonder why he didn't say anything.)