Chapter 9

I walked over to were Plagg and Tikki were playing an game. "That was really close." Plagg said. "Hey." I say. "Oh, hey. I'll be right back, okay? Oh! That was really close!" Plagg said then walked towards me. "Hey." I say again. "Hey. Is everything okay?" Plagg asked. "Yeah, the booth is crushing it! We have made more than all the other booths combined." I say. "No way!" Plagg said. "It turns out people really like to kiss!" I say dramatically. "What?" Plagg asked.

"And get this... I even wound up kissing your brother!" I say. "What?" Plagg asked. "Come on, Plagg. It's no big deal." I say "Seriously. What?" Plagg asked again. "It's for charity, right?" I say nervously. "Yeah... I guess so. Just don't end up grinding coochies with my brother, or I'll literally never talk to you again. That and Rule Number Nine, of course." Plagg said. "Of course! Right. Come on, Plagg. Seriously. As if."

As I closed the booth up, I saw Adrien talking to another girl. I sighed then ran away. Then I noticed it had started to rain.

(As I ran home, I wondered if our kiss meant anything to Adrien. If I meant anything.) I then heard a motorcycle come towards me then saw Adrien on it. "How about a ride?" He asked. I raised my eyebrow. "Come on, Princess. You know my mom will kill me if I leave you out here." Adrien said. I then got on.

(Holding on to Adrien, I couldn't stop thinking about the promise I had made to Plagg.) "It's getting too dangerous. I'm pulling over." Adrien said. We pulled over then ran to a little shelter. (But who knows if Adrien even wanted to kiss me again. That didn't really matter though. Because I still wanted to kiss him.) "You know, if we wait out this rain, we should be fine." Adrien said. I then ran to him then kissed him. Then I stopped. "Wait, no. I cannot just be another one of your conquests." I say. "Is that what you think of me?" Adrien said. "It's what everyone thinks of you." I say. Adrien sighed. "You want to know the truth? You are the only girl who doesn't fall at my feet. And it is driving me crazy. It's one of the things I like about you. You're sweet. But you're not afraid to call me out on things. And here I was thinking I was just your brother's annoying best friend." Adrien said. "Well, yeah. There's that too." I say. "Look, I don't know what all this means. I just like hanging out with you. It feels right. I'm just... I'm so confused right now." Adrien said then kissed me. "Did that clear anything up?" Adrien asked. "No, I think we'd better try again." I kissed him then I gripped onto his shirt.

Fu's POV

I walked over to the shelter to see Adrien and a girl.

"Security." I say shining my torch on them. "Oh, my God! We're gonna die!" The girl said. "Is that you, Adrien? I thought I told you not to bring girls around here anymore." I said. "What? You just took me to your hookup spot? No! You know what? Unbelievable!" The girl said then walked out. "Thanks, Fu." Adrien said. The girl then stormed back in. "Still mad at you, but I am cold as shit! And you are taking me home. Now!" The girl said taking his jacket.

Marinette's POV

"Thanks for the ride." I said when we got to my house. "You know, I meant when I said, Mari." Adrien said. "Good for you. So I'll see you tomorrow?" I ask then he drove away.

I then walked into the house dripping wet. "Hey" I say when I saw Dad. "Hey. Why didn't Plagg give you a ride home tonight?" Dad asked. "Um... He just got busy." I said. "But that is the only reason you're on the back of Adrien Agreste's motorcycle, right?" Dad asked with a raised eyebrow. "Of course. Duh. Come on." I said.

(In spite of what happened tonight, I couldn't stop thinking about what Adrien said to me. And even though I know I shouldn't, how much I wanted to believe him. Rule Number Six. If you can't tell your best friend about something you're doing, you probably shouldn't be doing it.) I thought as I looked at the message that Plagg sent me.

The Next Day~~~ At The Beach

I walked onto the beach were everyone that I knew was hanging out. I saw Adrien staring at me. I smirked then took my button shirt off to reveal my Black Cat swimmers.

"Five, four, three, two, one. Go!" "Yeah! Go, Marinette! Yeah! Go, Marinette! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!"

That Night.

"Looking good, Dupain-Cheng." Kim said. "Oh, um... Thanks." I said. "We never did get to finish your skinny dip at Agreste's party." Kim said. "Oh, um... I was just way too drunk that night, so..." I was interrupted. "You know what you need?" Kim asked. "Hmm?" I ask. "Hot tub. Come on." He said then tried to drag me. "Oh, no, that's okay, Kim." I say. "Come on, Dupain-Cheng. It'll be nice." Kim said. "No, Kim." I say. "Dupain-Cheng, come on! Don't make me beg." Kim said. "Kim? I'm not feeling well, Kim." I say then Adrien pulled me away.

"She said no, Kim!" Adrien yelled. "Okay. That's okay. Okay. I'm fine. It's all right. Can we... Can you just take me home, please? Okay. Just walk away. Hey, just walk away. Let's go." I say then walked away. "Hey, come on, man. It's all good. I guess I'd also be pretty pissed if I was slumming it with my little brother's sloppy seconds." I turned around to see Adrien tackle Kim down very hard. "Oh, shit!" Luka said.

I then ran. "Marinette, wait! Wait! Marinette! Just get in the car, Marinette. Just get in the car, Marinette. Get in the car, Marinette!" Arien said while hitting the hood of his car. I flinched. "Please." Adrien said. I sighed then walked over to his car.

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" Adrien asked as he was driving. I didn't respond. "What do you think? You think I meant to fall for my brother's best friend?" He asked then I noticed that we weren't going home. "Wait, this isn't the way home." I say. "I want to show you something." Adrien said.

On The Top Of The Eiffel Tower

"How many girls have you made out with in this spot?" I ask annoyed. "I only come here alone. Until now." Adrien said turning to me. "Oh, you are good! That sounds so great when you say it. You must know that, right? Such a player. You haven't changed. I mean, what is the difference between what just happened..." I say. "The difference is you." Adrien said. "You're crazy." I said. "I'm crazy about you, Mari." Adrien said. (He is good.) "Okay. Okay. Here's how this is gonna work. Rules. Number one... No more fighting." I say. "Done." Adrien said. "Number two... No more telling me what to do." I say smirking. "Cross my heart." Adrien said. "And number three... If we do this, nobody can know. Okay? At least until... I figure out a way to tell Plagg. It has to be that way." I sighed. "You know, you're cute when you're bossy." Adrien laughed. "I'm serious, Adrien." I say. "So am I. You're really, really cute!" Adrien said. "Promise." I say."Hey. I promise." Adrien said then kissed me. His hands went for the buttons of my shirt. Then he stopped. "Um... You know, we don't have to." Adrien said. I undone the buttons on Adrien's shirt then kissed him again. I got on top of him and continued to kiss him.

Next Morning

(You know when the time is right. And this was our time. Adrien and his stupid, sexy smirk got the best of me. And I was happy about it. But now what am I going to do? This is all your fault, kissing booth!)