30. Reaching Munnar

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Why didn't he steal the gem from you, why did he wanted to kill you?" asked Karan.

"Because the gem cannot be stolen. It chooses its owner, empowers them and saves them from dangers. I bet your mother had the gem with her when Jiyu attacked her and that's why she survived," said Anikaa.

"But because of the attack, she lost her memory. And, that day when I unknowingly helped in her treatment in Thailand, somehow the old lady passed the gem to me," she added.

"The gem had mystical powers?" asked Rachel. Anikaa nodded.

"Talking of powers, I'm famished. Can you please ask Bahadur to prepare breakfast for all of us?" said Anikaa to Rachel and then she remembered- "Oh...no...He's on holiday right."

"No...He returned last night. Because, Shireen mam called him to say that they are returning tonight to give surprise to you."

"Surprise, is it?" smirked Anikaa.

"Alright ask him, to prepare breakfast and book a flight for three of us to go to Thailand. We have to fetch Mrs. Shalini Sturrock."

With Anikaa's help, they found Shalini in the hospital recovering from amnesia. She didn't recognise Raymond and Karan but recognised Richard's face. They took her to Seattle back with them and soon the headlines splashed-

SHALINI STURROCK FOUND ALIVE IN THAILAND

'In an interesting turn of events, famous multi-billionaire Richard Sturrock's wife who was reported to be dead few months back, found in Thailand. Her sons have stated she will be recovering very soon.'

'The mystery remains to be solved. Where was Shalini Sturrock till today?'

*****************

It had been over a month since Sturrocks' left to US. Anikaa was busy discussing some papers with Rachel and a lawyer when Bahadur knocked on the door.

"Mam, this came from Sturcocks."

The lawyer sniggered hearing Bahadur but straightened up when Anikaa gave him a stern look.

Rachel took the envelope from Bahadur's hand and opened it. Out came an inscribed black- coloured invitation written in gold which she passed to Anikaa-

GRACE WITH YOUR PRESENCE

Dear Anikaa,

I have not thanked you enough for what you have done for me and my family. To celebrate Shalini's return I personally invite you and your family for dinner tomorrow at Sturrocks mansion. Grace us with your presence.

P.S. This time it will be a private dinner.

Hugs and wishes,

Richard Sturrock

Anikaa smiled reading the message and passed the card to Rachel to read.

"You know what to do," she said.

**********************

Karan rushed to the Rolls Royce and Bentley entering the huge gates of Sturrocks mansion. He swiftly opened the door of the Bentley and received Shireen, Prashant and Ramnik. Richard and Shalini were at their son's heels and heartily welcomed Anikaa's family. While, Luton Ravenscroft merrily trotted to the black Rolls Royce and opened its door for Anikaa and Rachel, greeting them zealously. Rachel was wearing a cream coloured lace and chiffon dress while, Anikaa was wearing a black-coloured lace dress which had short sleeves and a V-shaped plunging neckline at the back that hugged her body dearly. After the much welcomed greetings, everyone entered the Sturrocks mansion.