20. The Poisonous Dart

It took them nearly an hour to reach Delhi from Jaipur, as the helicopter was on standby. Once out of the airport, their matte stripe black ride- Audi R8 was waiting with an immaculately dressed chauffeur in black.

"I'll drive," Raymond said to the driver.

Without any questions, driver bowed to them and left.

"Whoa, I like black," said Anikaa and looking up at the dark clouds in the sky, she said- "and I love rain."

Without waiting for Raymond to open the door, Anikaa slided into the car.

"I'm glad you are finally impressed with something," said Raymond getting in the car and buckling his seat belt.

"Hope you can roll it faster than the road," said Anikaa.

Raymond started the ignition and the car roared into life. He eased the car out of the airport and joined the highway after bustling from the city. After an hour of drive, Anikaa was beginning to feel sleepy, her eyelids feeling heavy.

"I hope you are not dozing off," said Raymond, now familiar with Anikaa's motion sickness.

"Not at all...Such an exciting journey, how can I miss," said Anikaa abruptly with a sarcastic gleam.

"Well, it's drizzling and the road is busy, so I got to keep my eye on road," said Raymond.

"Yes, but you're driving very slowly. At this speed, we'll reach Rishikesh tomorrow."

"O yeah...Says who? One whose cars are always run by the driver. Can you drive in this traffic?"

"Of course, I can. I can easily touch Rishikesh by 6," said Anikaa confidently.

Raymond pulled over to side of the road and unbuckled his seat belt.

"If we don't reach Rishikesh in next four hours, you've to kiss me," he said smugly.

"Excuse me," said Anikaa in disbelief.

"Yes or we'll go by my speed," said Raymond drumming his fingers on the steering.

For few moments, they both kept staring at each other. It was the battle of two strong characters.

"Challenge accepted," beamed Anikaa and swiftly slipped out of her seat.

Raymond, gleefully climbed out of the car giving keys to Anikaa. Girls are no better drivers, that's what he always believed. And in this traffic? No freaking way possible.

When they both took their respective seats, Anikaa gave a mischievous smile and said- "Time for you to learn, it's my way and only my way."

Without giving him the opportunity to comment, she revved the engine and slammed the accelerator. Raymond was pressed back to his seat, his face stunned and mouth opened wide when Anikaa gathered speed and swished past the cars on the highway.

"Anikaa I want us to reach Rishikesh in one single piece," bellowed Raymond.

"Don't worry, just put on some music and enjoy the ride," said Anikaa, her eyes twinkling.

Raymond closed his eyes whenever Anikaa took over any car and silently started praying. For the first time in life, he was counting his sins. Anikaa pushed her Ipod into the music plug and Ariana Grande's 'Love me Harder' blared in the car.

Raymond's head whipped towards Anikaa when the words hung in the background- 'If you want to keep me, you gotta gotta gotta got to love me harder and if really need me, you gotta gotta got to love me harder.'