21. Meeting Bhagyashree

It was not difficult to find Bhagyashree's house in Rishikesh as she lived near the famous Ganges ghat. However, Raymond and Anikaa had to leave their car behind on the main road and walk through the narrow streets to get to Bhagyashree's house. Her house was a pink- coloured, three- storied building which was having no name plate, except the house number on the main gates.

There was no doorbell on the house and hence, Raymond knocked on the door which was dangling with a loose handle. They heard footsteps coming towards them and then it stopped as if someone was peering down the keyhole and the door opened. A young girl in her teens was standing inside the house.

"Hi, we are here to meet Bhagyashree aunty," said Raymond politely.

The girl yelled on top of her voice.

"Didi, Bhaiya hai (A sister and brother are here)."

"For heaven's sake, she is not my sister," Raymond frowned indignantly.

But, the girl was still standing on the doorway and looking at Raymond warily. Oh! Someone is impervious to his charm.

A plump lady wearing a kurta-pyjama waddled towards the door. She was cleaning her glasses with a napkin and peered at them putting on her glasses.

"Raymond, is that you?" she gasped.

Raymond smiled and flung his arms over her.

"Where are your manners Raymond," she rebuked him gently. "You must touch my feet first; remember I'm also your guru."

Raymond bowed to her as she told and then hugged her.

"Guru?" asked Anikaa not able to contain her curiosity.

"I taught him playing piano and saxophone. He's a marvel in both of them," answered Bhagyashree giving an affectionate smile to Anikaa.

Bhagyashree surely had an old school teacher look. She had a round smiling face and was very simply dressed in cotton. She was wearing an old watch on the wrist of her right hand and no jewelleries. Though, she looked tired, her eyes were sparkling with zeal.

"Aunt, this is Anikaa Mehra, my friend and Anikaa this is my Aunt Bhagyashree," introduced Raymond.

"Please to meet you," said Anikaa greeting her.

"Pleasure, please come in."

Bhagyashree's main house was on the third floor. The ground floor was crowded with children of different ages and had two big rooms- one was converted into a playroom and second one was used for teaching music. Four attendants were looking after the children and there was one teacher taking the class. The second floor was stocked with different musical instruments and had a spare room and kitchen. She resided on the third floor which was divided into a living room with attached balcony, kitchen and one bedroom. The living room was moderately furnished with the basics and musical instruments. On one side of the living room, a wooden metal swing was set which began to swing on its own when they entered the room.

"It happens all the time, the wind is pretty strong here," said Bhagyashree pointing to the open balcony, when Anikaa stopped.

An uninvited girl entered the room carrying glasses of water and offered to both of them.

"How are you Raymond? And how's Karan? It's been a long time since I saw you two," said Bhagyashree kindly.

"We are good and we miss you so much. Why don't you call, why don't you come to meet us?" asked Raymond.