8. The Sturrocks

Next morning was almost pre-planned. Shireen, Gul, Prashant, Rustom and Ramnik were leaving for Mumbai. Mehras were going to Canada for her niece's wedding while, Rustom and Gul decided to give a surprise visit to their daughter.

"All of you going to foreign lands...please charge your phones regularly and do not forget your chargers," dictated Anikaa as if she was talking to a group of children giving them dos and don'ts instructions.

Bahadur was rushing to and fro with other helpers to pack luggage and prepare breakfast. Rachel felt sorry for him and was very much pleased that she & Anikaa were out of this trip, for they will be able to focus on work and stay away from high octave wedding. She was jolted out of her reverie by Prashant.

"Are you daydreaming Rachel? I can't handle two dreamers in my house," said Prashant slyly looking at Anikaa.

"Oh...Sorry...Do you want something?" asked Rachel.

"Yes, I need to talk to you in private. Now," said Prashant surreptitiously.

Rachel got up and Prashant took her to one side of the room casually.

"Look Rachel, I know I can trust you, so I am saying this. If Anikaa freaks out like yesterday and goes out for a drive, all alone by herself in this freaking weather, you call me straightaway and I will be here, next flight," said Prashant.

Rachel was confused about who's being freaked out. Prashant was emotional and demanded a protective and secured life. While, Anikaa on the other hand was independent, unpredictable, capricious and a risk taker. She knew that Prashant could never control Anikaa, but she still nodded in agreement for his affectionate brotherly caring nature.

"And, update me every day about her, you have my number right?" asked Prashant.

"Are you done setting up 'spy on my sister operation', Prashant?" asked Anikaa from behind.

"Great! As usual she knows everything," muttered Prashant before turning round.

"Hey, I am not setting up anything. I was just telling her to take care of office and house. And, if she needs any help she can call me anytime," said Prashant.

Anikaa shook her head when Prashant went to her.

"I also told her if my stubborn sis freaks out again like yesterday, she doesn't need to disturb me," said Prashant winking.

Anikaa grinned for she knew their teasing and fighting was for the audience but they loved and care for each other.

Breakfast was a small affair as everyone ate light. Shireen hugged Anikaa in a bearly hug and asked her to take care. One by one everybody gave their piece of word to Anikaa & then Rachel. Suddenly, Rachel was feeling lonely. If she had her way, she would book both of their tickets straightaway and go to Canada.

Shireen was by now adapted to Anikaa's unemotional nature. Anikaa- pissed off was talk of the town, but Anikaa- hurt was never ever known. She never displayed her emotions in front of anyone. Prashant hugged her and gave her some strict orders which she listened to reluctantly. Gul and Rustom gave a warm hug to Anikaa and promised to call and meet her again when they come back. Ramink was fidgeting with his coat, and just called out to remind for tickets and passports. Finally, he smiled and said- "Take Care!" to which Anikaa coldly replied- "You too." What's wrong between them? thought Rachel.

After their departure, the home felt very quiet with Bahadur, Anikaa and Rachel. There were two other servants who were asked to leave early in the evening.