Chapter XII

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Would you like anything to drink, m'lady?" Asked the innocent maid as she had managed to calm her young mistress down.

"Some tea would be fine, please." Replied the former singer, politele, slightly embarrassed at how she had acted out.

"Of course."

'The young mistress is also so nice! I don't know what Lord Kirkland was warning me of!' Said the girl as she fetched the tea _____ fancied.

.....

As she returned with a tray of tea and some biscuits, just in case _____ craved those as well, she almost bumped into Arthur.
The male had just returned from work and was heading to see _____.

"Oh, my lord, I'm sorry, I should have watched where I was going."

The male chuckled slightly.

"No, its fine, where you taking these to _____."

"Yes, my lord."

"Well, I was going there anyways, I'll take them, please give me a few minutes with her, I'll call you back in when I leave."

"R-right!"

The male just smiles slightly and took the tray out of the maids hands as he now headed towards the library.

As he entered the room, he was welcomed with the sight of his wife in front of the door.

"Annabelle, your ba-."

The female immediately stopped speaking and replaced her sweet smile with a frown.

"Well hello to you too, love."

"Were you expecting the maid?"

"What're you doing here." She said, enfasis on 'you'.

"Is it such a crime for a man to see his wife."

The female just stayed quiet and glared at him before taking the tray out of his hands and placing it on the table next to where she was sitting. She proceeded to pour herself a cup of tea, picked up her book and completely ignored the male in front of her.

"Now that's a little rude." He retorted at her behavior.

"You consider being ignored rude and then forcing someone sleep in the same bed as you as acceptable?"

"Don't test my patience, love."

"Will you stop calling me that already! Love this-, love that- were not in a relationship, I AM NOT YOUR WIFE!"

"You kidnapped me, for goodness' sake!"

"DON'T. TEST. MY. PATIENCE. LOVE."

He said sternly as he glared back at the female.

Little did the 'couple' know, there was a certain curious maid had listened to their entire conversation and was ready to ask what the in the bloody hell she had signed up for.