Chapter I

It was a rainy night, Arthur was walking around with his umbrella (did those exist back then?) in hand. He was stressed, too stressed. He was given a strange case about some disappearances happening but he just couldn't seem to find the culprit. Heck, he had even told Francis to keep a lookout.

 The raindrops tap the cobblestone pavement as the young Brit walks around trying to find the bar Alfred had suggesting him. He stated that the rum there was amazing.

The blonde finally came across the tavern, it was filled with men and even some daring women who came out at this time of night.

He found himself a vacant table in the very back next to a window, this offered him a full view of the street, a waitress came over and took his order, while he told the young woman what he wanted his attention drifted towards a young woman. She had the most striking (eye color) eyes and beautiful (hair length) (hair color) hair. She was utterly beautiful.

Come to think of it, Arthur had wanted to settle down with someone sometime before but when the woman he had an affair with left him for some rich businessman he decided to bury himself in his work to fill his void of loneliness but he still felt as though something in him was missing so when he saw the (hair colored) girl his eyes immediately lit up, he felt as though a string in his heart had been pulled.

Though, what if she was there to see someone else? What is she was not interested in a man such as him? All of these questions swarmed his mind when the (hair colored) girl approached Arthur.

"Excuse me, is this seat taken." She asked, knowing full well that all of the other seats were already taken.

"Umm, I mean- I, well, just sit down!"Said the green-eyed man with a visible tint of pink on his cheeks.

After their respective orders were brought to the table, Arthur decided o ask the mystery girl some questions.

"So, what's your name?" He bluntly asked while taking a sip of his well-deserved rum.

"I'm _____ _____, yours?"Asked the girl curiously.

"I'm Arthur Kirkland." Replied the young detective.

"So _____, what are you doing out this late of night, you know there's a murderer on the loose in London, and not to mention all of the drunk men out at this time, it's dangerous for a lad to be out at this time." Said Arthur acting like an overprotective mother.

_____ just giggled as hi remark, he reminded her much of her parents.

"Don't worry Arthur, I'll be fine, I can handle myself against some drunk man and I doubt the murder is after me of all people." Siad _____ carelessly.

Arthur was a little surprised at her statement.

"Anywho, what are you doing out so late anyway?" Asked the blonde, trying to change the subject.

"I was looking for inspiration. You see, I'm an opera singer and I write most of my songs myself as well and this city always seems to inspire me but I just can't seem to find my inspiration." Said _____.

"So, what are you doing here?" She asked him.

"I was just taking a break from work and decided to come here." He said drowsily.

_____ couldn't believe it, he was already drunk. She just smiled and continued to gaze at the rain outside. The falling raindrops slowly seized until there was only a light shower, _____ decided that that was enough for today and it was time to head home but then she remembered that Arthur was now extremely drunk.

"Arthur, are you going to go home?" She asked as the man in front of her was again blabbering off about whatever his drunk mind could produce.

"Where do I live? I forgot where I live! This awful, _____ you must help me, mother will get mad if I'm late for dinner. She always says that I shouldn't stay out too long or else the boogie man will come to take me away!" He said, dramatically crying.