when he wants a baby with you | k.th | oneshot

Disclaimer: I'm aware that this isn't how adoption works. I didn't have room to out the actual process on Instagram and it's a very long process so I'm leaving this as it is.

☆☆☆

Second Person POV

You and Taehyung had been together for seven years and married for four of those years. You had spoken about having children around two years into your marriage. It was something the both of you really wanted. You had tried and tried for a year and nothing had worked. You both decided to see what was going on so they ran some tests. You found out that you would never be able to have children because you were infertile. You didn't really ever much of the conversation due to the shock of the news.

So when Taehyung told you he wanted a child at dinner, when you had both decided to give up on your dream, it came as a surprise to you. You felt the prickle of tears claw up your throat at the memory of your situation.

"Tae, I can't have children, remember?"

He looked at you with a sympathetic expression. "I know, baby, but I was thinking about an option we haven't spoken about yet."

"What's that?" You looked at him with a curious expression.

"We could always adopt, if that's something you'd be up for."

"I'm not sure, Tae. I always wanted the children I had to come from me? I know that sounds kind of insensitive and stuff but that's just how I feel..." You looked down at the floor, feeling slightly exposed at revealing how you felt.

"I know what you mean but could you at least consider it? All I ask is that you come with me to an adoption centre. If you decide you don't want to when we're there then it's completely fine and we'll move on with our lives." He looked at you expectantly.

"Okay, I'll come with you. But that doesn't mean I'm going to adopt a child then and there, okay?"

"That's completely fine!" He cheered, "all I want is for you to consider it."

You gave him a smile and the both of you continued to eat your meal.

One Week Later

You were stood outside the adoption centre nearest to your house. Taehyung gave you a look of reassurance as you both walked inside. It seemed to be a very nice place. You walked up to the reception area.

"Hello?" Taehyung asked, "we're here to look around, Mr and Mrs Kim?"

She flicked through some documents. "Ah yes! Please follow Yeonji and good luck!"

You assumed Yeonji was the woman on the other side of the glass door. You bowed slightly, before following her. They told you about the adoption process and made you sign some confidentiality forms before you could see the children. She led you through to what seemed to be the living room and let you walk around and interact with the children for a while.

After an hour or so she took you upstairs to see the children that were in their rooms. You went in a few rooms, saying hello to the children and playing with them for a little bit. You had to admit they were all positively adorable but you just didn't seem to be getting into the idea of adopting one of them, until you went into the last room that is.

A little girl, only a few months old. She was dressed in a little fluffy bear onesie and had the cutest little cheeks you'd ever seen. The more you played with her the more you feltl connected to her and you couldn't help thinking that she looked the slightest bit like the both of you.

"Tae?"

"Yeah?"

"Can we take her home?"

He looked at you slightly surprised before his expression turned into one of pure joy and endearment.

"I was thinking exactly the same thing."