when he wants your attention | j.hs | oneshot

Y/n's POV

You were laying on the bed both you and your boyfriend shared, attempting to get some work done. Your professor had set an assignment to write a five page essay on something that you found interesting. You, being the procrastinator that you were, had left it to the last minute. You only had two days to hand it in and you were starting to stress about not being able to write that much that fast.

Just as you were lost in the onslaught of your anxious thoughts, that prevented you from even beginning the essay, the door to the bedroom quietly clicked open. A few second later you felt the bed jolt and the weight of your boyfriend laying across your back.

"Hobi, please, not now. I need to get this work done or else I'm gonna be in shit."

He huffed a sigh at your words.

"But Yyyyy/nnnnnn~ I want cuddleeesssss~"

You rolled your eyes, beginning to get annoyed at his antics.

"You don't 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 cuddles and I 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 to get this assignment done. You can have cuddles when I'm done."

"But Yyyyy/nnnn-" He cuddled into your back, before being interrupted by you.

"No. I need to get my work done, Hoseok. Just leave me alone, okay?"

You felt him stiffen slightly against your back, before his weight left you completely.

"O-okay. Sorry for bothering you." He hung his head and left the room, closing the door almost silently behind him.

Thirty Minutes Later

A feeling of near dread had been building in the pit of your stomach since Hoseok had left. You felt overwhelmingly guilty about snapping at him. Anxious thoughts had been filling your head since the moment he had left, making it impossible for you to be able to write anything.

Then, all of a sudden, it hit you. The reason he had been trying to cuddle you is because he wanted your attention. You had been near ignoring him for the past few weeks since starting university. You had no clue what you were doing and it caused so much stress that you had retracted to your old habits of shutting people out when you were stressed.

The realisation of what you'd been doing spurred you to slam your laptop shut and almost run to the living room, where Hoseok was pretty much guaranteed to be sulking. As you had predicted, Hoseok was, in fact, sulking on the sofa with a big fluffy blanket over him and a box of tissues near him in case tears threatened to slip from his eyes, due to your neglectful behaviours.

You softly stepped to the back of the sofa and enveloped him in a hug. His body seemed to tense slightly in surprise as he jumped at your actions. He shakily lifted his hands to gently hold your arms that were wrapped ever so carefully around his neck, like they were afraid of breaking him. You took a breath, before speaking to him.

"I'm sorry for ignoring you, Hobi. I guess I've just been really stressed and I went back to shutting everyone out like I used to. I didn't mean to ignore you and I'm sorry for snapping at you when you just wanted a bit of attention."

"It's okay." He sniveled slightly.

"To be honest, I don't think I'm gonna be able to get any worked done anyway, I can always think of an explanation for not being able to complete the assignment."

"No! You have to get your assignment done. I don't want you to get in trouble because of me. How about we compromise and you let me cuddle you while you work? I can always help you put with stuff if you need it as well!"

"Sounds like a great plan."

You pulled him off the sofa and the both of you walked back to the bedroom, doing exactly as you said you were going to. Nothing more and nothing less.