"Leaving already?" Yuvaan's voice made me stop in my tracks.

Shaurya and Advait looked at me with raised eyebrows, not believing that I was actually leaving. I took a good look at all of their faces, my eyes lingering on my husband for a longer time.

He is not your husband, Reyna.

I felt my eyes well up with unshed tears when I saw Yuvaan's unconcerned face. He looked at me like I was some clown in a circus and chuckled. He got up from his seat and picked up a folder from the table.

He came towards me, and I stood my ground. "I don't have anything to give you as an excuse for what happened. But you don't need to worry. I will leave your house and you can send the divorce papers to me," I told him in a low voice.

He gave me a fake smile and handed me the folder. I looked at him in confusion, and he told me to read it. I shook my head and pushed the folder towards him.

"It is for your own benefit, Reyna. Read it or regret your whole life." He put up his hands in surrender.

I felt bad vibes coming from the small piece of stationery in my hand. Slowly, I opened it up and my world crumbled piece by piece as my eyes skimmed over each letter; dark and sharp cutting through my soul.

"Wh-what is th-this?" I asked as my lips trembled.

This can't be true! Was dad not satisfied with getting rid of me that he did this?!

"So..... Reyna Bakshi. What is your decision?" Yuvaan questioned and tilted his head.

"I..... I do-don't..... know....." I broke out crying.

"Tsk, tsk. So pathetic. Where did you learn your acting skills from Reyna? Oh, right. From your dad of course."

"Please, tell me th-this is n-not true," I pleaded and Shaurya took the folder from my hands.

After going through it quickly, he gave me a tight lipped smile. "It is hundred percent true. I am a lawyer, and I guarantee that everything written here is completely valid."

He shut the folder closed and threw it back at me. I didn't catch it, and it slid down, settling at my feet. I stood there like a statue, my eyes fixed on Yuvaan. He was high-fiving his friends and enjoying my misery.

I glanced at the folder and kicked it in anger. Advait started laughing like a maniac at my action, and Yuvaan told me that no matter how much I kicked it, he had a lot of copies of it. And the original one was with him.

How could dad do it? He not only sold me off like a piece of furniture but he gave my full authority to Yuvaan?

I knew that it was absurd, and I could live independently as I was an adult, but he made a contract stating that I myself agreed to all the terms and conditions, and there was my original sign too.

But I didn't remember signing anything like that. So, I quickly picked up the folder and went through the contents again. My eyes widened when I re-read the sentence written in bold and clear writing.

I, Reyna Bakshi, daughter of Dinesh Bakshi and Rupa Bakshi, hereby confirm that everything under my ownership; my property, my degree, my documents, my assets, etc. belong to my husband after marriage. As a proof of confirmation, the judiciary can refer to my official marriage registration, and in case this document is misplaced or gets destroyed, my signature on the marriage certificate serves as the proof.

I have no objection towards any term cited in this whole contract and pledge to adhere to the guidelines and my words as stated above.

"How? I did not sign on this! How did this happen?" I mumbled to myself as I kept reading it again and again.