Chapter 13

My every step felt heavy and reminded me how helpless I was

My every step felt heavy and reminded me how helpless I was. I went inside Yuvaan's house but didn't know how I was going to confront him. What he said came out to be true and no matter how much I wanted to deny it, I knew it was all reality and not some illusion.

"Look who is back," Yuvaan mocked and his friends laughed at me.

I ignored them and continued walking towards my room. The guys were sitting in the living room and watching a soccer match on the TV. They had some poker cards and cash on the table.

"Didn't I tell you she will come back? You lost, Advait. Hand me the money," Yuvaan said and Advait cursed.

He took out a thick bundle of notes from his pocket and put it on the table. Shaurya also shook his head and did the same. As I walked, I looked at them in confusion.

Why were they giving money to Yuvaan?

"I thought you had some shame in you, Reyna. But you proved me wrong. Now look, I lost because of you," Shaurya huffed but exchanged a smirk with Advait.

"You were the one who wanted to bet, so don't complain now." Yuvaan hit his shoulder and all of them burst out laughing.

"Damn, man. I shouldn't have bet that much money. That was my alcohol allowance." Advait glanced at me and twisted his lips in distaste.

"Why did you come back? Did daddy kick you out of your own house?" Yuvaan joked and didn't realise that he was infact saying the truth.

Yuvaan waved the money in front of his face, making me realise that they had bet on me. And Shaurya and Advait lost because they were sure that I would not return. I lost too, I guess.

I left the guys and went inside my room. I sat on the bed and clutched my head in my hands. I didn't know what to do and how to handle the situation. I started pacing in my room while trying to control myself from damaging Yuvaan's property.

What will I do now? Where will I go? There is no way Yuvaan will keep me in his house. And even if I died, I will not go back to my parents' place. So basically, I have no place to call my home. What should I do?

Go anywhere, Reyna, but don't stay here. You have your degree and some cash too. Rent a room and then decide where you will go after that. For now, just get out of this place.

I quickly packed my clothes in one of the bags and picked up my luggage. I got out of my room and strode towards the exit. Grace spotted me and tried to stop me, but I shook my head at her. She looked at me sadly, and I told her to take care of herself. It was nice to meet her.

I continued walking, not knowing where my steps would lead me. But I had to do something to get myself out of this mess. So, I clutched the handle of my bag tightly and decided to take help from my friends. They were the only ones I could trust.