Her gentle hand pets my head in understanding, bearing with me patiently.

"It's okay," she whispers softly as tears leak from my eyes.

"S-Sasha, y-you were dead," I cry, my arms grabbing onto her and holding her tight, with the fear that in a heartbeat I will lose her. I will lose her and she will be gone forever.

"I am right here and I'm not going anywhere, okay?" She whispers gently.

"But what if someone takes you from me. I have never been more afraid of anything in my-"

"Dylan focus on me. I am right here, right here in your arms. I am not going anywhere, understand?" She tells me, trying to assure me with a sweet smile.

"No Sasha you don't understand. You were injured. They killed you. They killed you and I could not do anything. I brought you into this as my mate and it is my duty to protect you. I failed to do my job as your mate, to protect you from harm. It was all my fault," I tell her my canines grazing at her mark in a need to get more assurance that she is here.

"Dylan you could never fail me-" she says and her breath stops, caught in her throat as my canines prod at my mark that is displayed on her neck.

I want to mark her again, I can do that. Wolves do it to profess their love to their mates since it is intimate like kissing and mating but I don't know if she will allow me.

All the intimate actions that we have done besides kissing, which is not too intimate, have been brought on by her heat and had to be done to keep her safe.

I don't know if she is actually wanting to go as far as to be intimate with me. She said that she loves me and that me being unable to prevent myself being kidnapped was was not the reason she did not want to mate but what if she was lying to make me feel better.

"Dylan it's okay, if it will make you feel better," she says with a sweet and gentle smile as my canines press on her wanting to mark her while I hesitate.

"I should be pleasing you Sasha. You should not be the one pleasing me and trying to console me like this. I'm terrible-"

I feel her soft skin against my canines as she pulls me down, her hands gripping my hair and holding me down.

"Dylan I want you to be happy as well. You deserve it after what you've gone through. They were cruel in what they did to you, don't beat yourself up okay," she whispers.

I slowly bite down a little harder and she releases my head and her hands move to tightly grip the sheets and I realise I am hurting her and I let my canines go back to normal and leave her skin and I gently kiss the wound to heal it.

"I'm so sorry Sasha. I'm so sorry I hurt-"

"Dylan I am fine. It hurt a lot less than the first time, in fact it was kind of nice. You can't be sorry for making me feel good can you?" She says with her adorable innocent smile that makes my heart pound irrationally for my beautiful mate.

"Are you just saying that to make me feel good?" I ask her, feeling slightly insecure, especially after how she was just screaming and how much pain the last mark caused her.

"Dylan. I am not lying to you. If it was hurting me you would know. I don't have too much tolerance for pain," she says honestly.

I hear footsteps approaching our tent and I tighten my arms around her and growl as two figures sneak into our tent.

"James, Zack, why are you sneaking into my tent at this time in the morning?" I ask with a growl.

"The better question is what are you doing at this time in the morning?" Zack says with a smirk before glancing at us.

"Aww. So we're not going to be god parents anytime soon," James sighs in somewhat disappointment.

"God parents?! Why would you think we were doing that?! And more importantly why would you walk in here if you thought we were doing that?! Do you have no respect for privacy?!" Sasha shouts at them pushing me aside, they should know better than to anger my mate, but they interrupted us and I was getting rather comfortable with her.

"Well we kind of made a deal that we would barge in on one another and also we would be the godparents of each other's children," James explains and I honestly don't buy the explanation.

Did he also just imply that I was part of this plan? I have never even heard of it and it sounds ridiculous, who barges in on a couple mating intentionally?!,

Sasha looks as if she is about to kill them and I make the smart decision to restrain her by dragging her back into my arms and sitting her on my lap.

"Now now you cannot kill my Beta and Gamma," I tell her stroking her head.

"They wanted to barge in on us doing THAT! How am I not supposed to kill them. They wanted to embarrass me. What if we had been doing that? They would have interrupted it and have seen me naked. Do you expect me to just be okay with that?"

The thought of any other male seeing my mate naked makes me angry. If she was ready and we were actually doing it they would have seen my precious mate and have embarrassed her. That is something I will let go, especially since I did not agree to the barging in on each other's mating.

If they think that barging in on my mate will allow them to be the godparents of my little pup, especially after they could have potentially embarrassed my mate like that, they have another thing coming.

"Run," I growl at them and they turn and run fearing for their lives as they probably should.

"Aren't you going to chase them?" She asks.

"I would but then I'd have to leave you and I can't do that. I am too afraid that I'll lose you and we have spent so long apart-"

"Fine then don't chase them," she says turning around and wrapping her arms around my neck.

I lie back and allow her to do as she wants which is to initiate a kiss between us.

I can't help but let my lips melt against hers and allow her to lead for a little bit until I can't help but fight her for dominance in leading the kiss, mainly for the fun of it seeing as we've never ended up fighting for dominance in our kisses.

My little mate is forced to surrender to me although it really does not seem like she cares who leads the kiss as long as she is kissing me which I don't mind.