Chapter 20

Dylan

I walk into the games room where some of my high ranked wolves are so I can play a bit before my mate wakes up and and I need to repeat the cycle of not letting her run away.

"Morning Alpha," Zack smirks.

"What is it?" I ask with a sigh.

"Nothing, just this," he says showing me his phone and I see Sasha sleeping on me in my wolf form and stroking my head.

"What the- Why were you in my room-" I say angrily.

I am interrupted by a scream and I turn and run to my room and I see Sasha lying on the floor collapsed on her back, sweat rolling of her reddened skin as she breathes heavily, pained.

I sniff her and find her scent to be a lot stronger and she lies shaking and I touch her and I feel a burning hot sensation coming from her skin.

My eyes widen, it's been possibly five or more days since I first laid eyes on her and she probably caught a small bit of me but didn't notice by the lake.

She's taken too long to accept me.

"D-Dylan I f-feel like I'm on f-fire," she cries out in pain.

I pick her up in my arms.

I know our room is ready for us, luckily, and I carry her out the room and into my bedroom and I lie her on my bed and I go back to close the door and lock it knowing her scent will attract other unmated males to make me more possessive of her and to speed up our relationship.

I remember being taught about this. When a mated pair struggle to accept one another from either or both sides the she wolf will eventually go into heat to speed up their relationship by making the male possessive and want to claim her more and she'll be more open to his advances.

Sasha doesn't deserve this. I thought heat only applied to she-wolves but then I also thought wolves could only be mates with wolves.

I see her tense in pain and I run to her side and gently stroke her arm.

"Dylan it hurts," she says softly.

"It'll only last three days okay," I whisper.

"Is there any way to make it less painful or to make it go away?" She asks.

"Yes but when this pain is over and you can think rationally you will regret asking me to help," I sigh.

"Please I feel like lava has been poured over my skin," she says and I can feel the sweat dripping from her skin.

"Sasha do you really want me to? I'll be biting your neck and placing a claim there," I say.

"I-is that all?" She asks.

"Sasha you understand I'll be claiming you. Werewolf males are possessive and if their female has their claim they will be even more protective of her than usual. You didn't want me treating you like a possession. I want you to ask me in the right state of mind," I say.

"Dylan please don't speak so long. The heat is making it hard to focus. Please can you run me a nice cold bath with lots of little ice blocks," she says.

I immediately go to the fridge in the kitchen and take the ice blocks out the freezer and begin emptying them into a bag and I carry them back to the room and I run a cold bath and I empty the ice into it.

I go back to her and pick her up in my arms.

I gently lowerer her into the tub in her nightdress and she sighs in slight relief as she relaxes into the freezing ice cold water.

"Dylan I was thinking," she says.

"Yes Sasha," I say.

"Can we go to Antarctica? The temperatures are way below zero. It'll be nice don't you think," she says and as much as I want to think she is just playing around I can tell she is being serious. She-wolves apparently don't think in the same way as usual during heat. They'll do anything to stop the pain. Right now for her going all the way to Antarctica is completely rational and the coldness would combat the heat and I'm sure she doesn't plan on going in any more than a t-shirt and shorts or her soaked nightgown.

"Sasha there aren't really any flights to Antarctica," I say.

"We can swim can't we unless you want to mark me. Whichever one suits you," she says smiling playfully and innocently like a devil in body of an innocent and sweet angel.

"Maybe we can talk about this over some ice cream," I suggest.

"Okay," she says her eyes lighting up enthusiastically.

I get up and leave the bathroom and my room and lock the door.

"Ice cream in a bathtub seriously," I mutter to myself.

"What is this about ice-cream in a bathtub?" James asks.

"My mate wants to swim to Antarctica because the temperatures are below zero and there are no planes to get there. I suggested negotiating it over ice cream," I say getting a tub of Neapolitan ice cream out the freezer and getting two spoons.

"Hey you can't take the whole tub that flavour is my favourite," he whines.

"I'm hoping this will distract Sasha long enough for her to no longer wish to make us swim all the way to Antarctica! Have some sympathy," I say.

"Wait she's on heat. I thought only wolv-"

"I did too but then I got a human mate. I told her about marking and now I have been given the choice of marking her and after that being ignored and forced to sleep on a dog bed for the rest of my life or swimming to Antarctica and freezing to death with her before her heat even ends. We're negotiating it over ice cream," I say walking up the stairs.

"You still need to introduce me properly to your mate. Alphas don't easily resist marking their mates at first sight. You haven't touched the spot on her neck. I'm sure you're very much tempted though," he says.

"You have no idea however like I said I don't wish to sleep on a dog bed for the rest of my life. I'm lucky enough to be able to sleep next to her," I say walking up the stairs.