Chapter 20

After some stupid rituals, I was asked to move to stage for varmala, yes the first ritual to connect me with Nandini, Dhruv and Smaran were continuously pulling my leg and the thing which hurts the more is that Mom and Aunty were also teaming up with these boys.. Well Thank God, Cabir is not here... But where is he and where is my soon to be wife, I am waiting here impatiently and god knows how much time this girl wants to take.... I was looking here and there when suddenly my world stopped on that one person, it won't be wrong if I say that I stopped breathing, like I was stunned and my jaw was practically on floor...

There she was surrounded by ladies under that Red dupatta, holding the hand of Cabir looking gorgeous as hell in her Maroon lehenga... I don't know how to avert my gaze, she looked so pretty from top to bottom everything just fits perfectly on her... I felt something burned inside me, guess my desires, I felt like kissing her till she goes breathless, I felt like devouring her body, kissing her madly till she moans my name.. God Manik what is wrong with you, what the hell are you thinking, stop just stop right there... I felt her gaze on me and immediately I locked my eyes with her, she turned scarlet and I don't know why but I felt happy...

Every eyes is on her everyone is praising her, she came near the stage and I don't know what got into me, I forwarded my hand to her and all my friends started hooting... She looked shock maybe she didn't expected me to be this sweet, well how would she, I have always been a jerk to her... Well, I looked at her again and she relaxed a bit with that she took my hand and I helped her coming up here... I just helped her coming in my life and I am thankful that I did...

Priest - Let's start with the Vermala, Shubh muhrat is running...

Neyonika - Sure, girl please bring the garlands up here...

And in no time, Navya came up there with a platter with 2 flower garlands and forwarded it in front of us, I gestured Nandini to take one, she picked up and I went after that... Nandini is in full bride mode, like she isn't even looking anywhere but the ground like there is something interesting pasted down there...

Pandit - Now groom should put the garland around Bride's neck..

I stepped forward to do as asked but suddenly I found Nandini is no where there,  and trust me when I say that I panicked, like who won't, when their bride will runaway just around the time of your wedding.. I decided to compose myself and looked calmly and oh man like seriously...

There my pretty bride is in the Air as her lovely brother  and my traitor best friend Dhruv were holding her up... God what the hell is this.... I am not playing...

Navya - Ohh! Dear Brother in law, you really thought we will let you have her easily. A little hard work is required though... 

Brother in law? like seriously... I glared at her and she giggled.... 

Radhika - Come on Manik, Don't give it up. You are a lion, come on put the garland and show them all...

And I smirked, of course how stupid of them, don't they know how tall I am... I looked at Nandini, who is totally enjoying this situation, applied a sort of mathematics and physics and then threw the garland which exactly landed on her neck... huffff!!!!!!!!! so much work for you han Nandu... I winked and Nandini gasped, what you literally just underestimated me baby...

Everyone hooted and Cabir and Dhruv put her down with a sad face.... Woww you both thought you could win this, I gave them my victory smile and they made faces... huhhh grow up!

Neyonika - Okay now it's bride's turn. Come on Nandu...

Well now this is going to be fun, I stood with my head up, and Nandini was not able to reach there, I guess she isn't wearing enough heels, which is good for me and sad for Nandu... She tried to be on her toes but failed miserably... Everyone is hooting and shouting... Come on payback time... I looked at her but all my mischief went flushing down, how cute she looked with that angry pout on her face... She looked exhausted, and then I noticed how much heavy is her dress and jewelry, isn't she too small to carry those things... I don't know if everyone here were gonna believe their eyes, But first time ever in the history Manik Malhotra accepted defeat...