Chapter 18

And today is the D-Day, the day when I am going to marry Manik Malhotra, the day when I will become Mrs. Malhotra. I don't know why my whole body is cold and I am shivering, but you know what is more strange, the fear I felt last time in Mangalore, I am not feeling the same here.
I was heartbroken the moment I got the news of my marriage with Madhyam. But today the emotions are so different, I know all this marriage thing is fake but Aiyappa why do it feel so real so surreal.

Neyo - Where are you lost Nandini? 

Nandu - Hey, Mom when did you came? I didn't noticed...

She take a look at my hands and examine my henna and her face lighten up.

Neyo - Nandini see how dark your henna is that my Manik loves you so much😍

I immediately looked at my hands and oh Aiyappa she is right, the color is so dark exactly what I always wanted. But Manik doesn't love me, he doesn't even like me.😕 What are you trying here Aiyappa, why are you messing with my mind?

"Nandu beta I know there must be hundreds of question running in your mind right now, there will be expectations, excitement and even a little fear regarding your future... When I became a bride, I felt the same.. But trust me on one thing that this decision will never proved to be a wrong one. Manik and I will always keep you happy. I can't take place of your Mother in your life but I will try to fulfill all her duties and love you like her."

I don't know when we both started crying and she took me in her embrace. I hate myself, such a bad person I am, playing with her emotions, she is so happy to welcome me in her family, but what am I doing lying to her all this while.

No Mom but I can't do this, I can't let this fake marriage happen, I can't let Manik hurt his Mother's emotions. I can't.....

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

I dashed inside Cabir bhai's room and saw him talking on call, one look at my crying face and he disconnected the call immediately while I ran to break down in his arms....

Navya - Cabir, I was saying... Nandu, what is wrong? Nandu...

Navya came inside to discuss something with Cabir but seeing me in this condition, she panicked.. they both were trying to ask me what happen, Cabir bhai was rubbing my back continuously, telling me he is here for me ..

Nandu - I can't do this, I am sorry but I can't...

Navya - What are you saying Nandu, I am not understanding anything, what happened?

Cabir - What happen tell me, what's wrong?

Nandu - I can't marry Manik, I can't...

Navya - What are you saying Nandini? Today is your wedding, you yourself said yes to this and you know why it's important just not only for Manik but for you to get married then now at this last moment why change of heart? 

Navya was confused and a bit irritated too.. Why wouldn't she be, I was never forced for this but now I am backing out at last minute..

Cabir - Relax let her calm down first... She would have an explanation to this right Nandu?

Nandu - Mom came into my room few minutes back and she is too happy bhai, She told me that I will always be her daughter not daughter in law, she told me how she will fulfill all the responsibilities of a Mother for me, how she will always be there for me..