"Sasha, I can see you staring at my wounds. I'm fine honestly, but you should not have come here. Your body is taking on my pain and I can bear it way better than you can," he says.

His gentle strokes against my back as he whispers to me are interrupted by snarling and I turn my head to see Alex turning into a giant brown wolf and leaping at us.

James shifts and pounces, pinning him down.

"James don't underestimate him," Dylan warns before running off with me and I wrap my arms around him, holding on tight as he runs up the stairs.

"Dylan the trees," I say as he exits the pack house with me firmly and snugly fitting in his arms.

He climbs up a tall tree and gently sits me down in the branches and I smile at him, I am finally alone with my mate and husband. I mean it would be better if there was not all this fighting going on but seeing him is great after being separated for nearly a week.

I can't help but wrap my arms around him, pulling him back towards me, and trying to bring him down so I can kiss his lips.

My plan however fails as I cannot exactly pull a werewolf and I am too short to reach him.

He laughs at my actions, making me blush in slight embarrassment at failing to kiss him. I mean he is my mate, I should be allowed to kiss him whenever I want.

"I see you have missed me," he chuckles leaning down to give me a small peck on the forehead and as sweet as it is I was hoping for him to kiss me on the lips.

"I was so worried about you," I whisper hugging him tightly.

"Easy, the silver does still sting a bit," he said wincing.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I did not mean to-"

"It's really okay, Sasha, and I've missed you too. I mean I did not go as far as to assemble an army but I think I missed you more still," he says.

"Doubt it. You had me worried sick, literally, you can ask anyone," I tell him.

"I worried about you as well. I promise you that your brother and I will not be getting along and I will not have him over for Christmas dinner ever, not even to celebrate your birthday," he says.

"He hurt you Dylan. He does not deserve to be invited but lets not bring him up okay? Its just me and you right now, no one else," I say.

"Sasha, I'm sorry but I need to go join the fighting. I can't leave everyone else to fight my battles alone," he says.

"No Dylan. You can't fight, you have been tortured for-"

"Sasha I will be fine, would I ever lie to you?"

"That probably depends on the situation. I mean you-"

"Silly little mate. How about this, if I get knocked out or hurt to the point where James has to help me stand then you can kiss me as much as you want and bathe me tonight," he suggests.

"Dylan!" I yell shaking my head.

"Doesn't my pretty little mate want to tend to me tonight? We're mated there is no reason for you to hold back and be shy. We've already-"

"That was during heat! Dylan it sounds like you're going to injure yourself just to make me touch you in the bath, which is not happening. I am not comfortable- and are you trying to distract me!?" I exclaim.

"Bingo. Now stay here like a good little mate and you can do whatever you want tonight," he says.

"After making me worried sick, literally, you do not get to bargain with me like that. I will do whatever I want with you tonight regardless-"