Chapter 4: First Skill

September 11, 2023
Monday
12:34 PM

》Zach's POV《

I sat here in our school's rooftop. Just trying to get out of my college life, and tryna chill and eat my lunch. After eating, I closed my eyes and started thinking about yesternight.

~Flashback~

"Yahhhh!" I shouted as I slash the neck of the wolf. "Two down, ten left." I said as the ten wolves surrounded me. "You really wanna die, don't ya?" I said as I look at them. "Grrrrrr!" The wolves growled. "Give it all you've got!" I said. Right now, I'm not nervous or scared. Is it because I'm fighting ten wolves everyone of them is already level ten and I'm only at level three.

Three wolves charged at me. The first one to jump is the middle one. I quickly reacted and I slide below it then I charged at it and slashed it's body.

[-300 HP]

Damn. I only dealt 300 damage and there's still 9 of them. I continuously slashed the wolf in front of me.

[-190 HP]
[-240 HP]
[-550 HP]

It dies in the last hit because I dealt a critical damage. Then I also leveled up. I was about to charged at the next wolf but a VS suddenly appeared in front of me.

》--------------------《

New Skill Acquired!

- Continuous Strike -

》--------------------《

Nice. This'll help me a lot. "Graawwwrrr!" The wolves roared. The two wolves that are charging at me earlier, jumped at me. Now's the time to use that skill.

"Continuous Strike!" I said and I held my dagger tightly, then I jumped towards the two wolves while slashing them non-stop.

[-320 HP]
[-400 HP]
[-430 HP]
[-670 HP]
[-743 HP]
[-543 HP]

I landed on the ground as the dead body of the two wolves fall behind me. "Who's next?" I said and stared towards the wolves. They started to surround me again and there's only 7 left to kill. Only. 7. Left.

All of them jumped towards me. I'm glad I have fast reaction. I quickly jumped to one of the wolf and pinned him into the ground. The other wolf jumped towards me and he even wants to bite me. I quickly jumped to avoid the attack. I'm the one who's supposed to receive his attack but instead he bit his ally accidentally.

[-200 HP]

Oohh... you can literally take damage even if it's your allies. This game is too realistic! Wayyyyy realisticc!

"Let's end this shall we?" I said and I dashed towards them. "Continuous Strike!" I casted and I continuously slashed the two wolves in front of me.

[-540 HP]
[-660 HP]
[-470 HP]
[-540 HP]
[-490 HP]
[-640 HP]

The two wolves fell dead because I dealt 4 critical damage. "2 down, 5 to go." I said then I dashed towards the 5 wolves.

The first wolf tried to bite me but I quickly dodged it then I grabbed it's neck and smashed it on the ground.

[-180 HP]

Then the other wolf tried to bite me but I quickly dashed and used my skill. "Continuous Strike!" I slashed it continuously until it fell dead.

I looked at the wolf I pinned down earlier, it's already standing up while looking at me fiercely. "Grrrrrr.." The wolf growled.

Two wolves suddenly jumped at me, the other one bit my left forearm and the other one slashed my back.

[-200 HP]
[-240 HP]

"Damn you all! You're not getting away with this!" I shouted angrily. I held my dagger tightly in my right hand and stabbed the wolf's head making it dead instantly then I grabbed the wolf who slashed me, and then I smashed it on the ground then slashing it's belly multiple times killing it in the process.

"2 more left! Let's end your life right now!" I shouted then the two wolves charged towards me. I quickly dashed towards them, I can feel my heart pumping faster than before. This  surge of killing others, it's... it's incredible!

Before I knew it, I'm already behind the two wolves, the wolves fell dead and blood spurts out of their body. I've already killed them in an instant. This game... it perfectly suits me.

--------------------
Received:
• 3,456 Exp.
• 1,500 Silver
• 10 Wolf Fur
• 20 Wolf Claws
--------------------

Then I heard a 'ting!' sound. It means I leveled up. A VS appeared saying that I'm already level 5.

I've been fighting wolves for 5 hours, and I've only gained 4 levels. This game requires too much exp. it's easy fighting low level monsters but you can only receive small amount of exp. That's why I've been fighting high level monsters but I need to rest now.

I looked at my Stamina Bar and it's already on it's limit. Damn. Fighting monsters will really take a lot of energy. I need to build my stamina, so I can last longer while fighting.

After fighting monsters, I went back to A'mlon and rented an inn using my silver coins that I gained, fighting the wolves. Well, the rent was cheap since I'm only staying in a 1-star inn. After that, I went inside my room and logged out.

~Present Time~

"Hey! Wake up, sleepy head!" Argh. Who the hell is that? "Hey! Wake up! Class is already starting!" A familiar voice said. I slowly opened my eyes, I didn't realize that I already fell asleep here in the rooftop. "Oh. It's just you." I said as I look at his ugly face (Not totally ugly, I just wanna tease him inside my head). "Yeah... it's just me! Get up already! You sloth!" He shouted and he even kicked me. "Alright, alright! Will you help me get up, Raze?" I said. "No. Do it yourself." He said then he left me. Damn. He acts like a girl, I wouldn't be surprised if he confessed to me that he's gay. Well, I hope he's not.

And there my normal life continues.

--------------------
So! That's the 4th Chapter!

Hope you like it Minna-san!

~ Ace-kun
--------------------