Chapter 3: Pick A Class

September 10, 2023
Sunday
4:21 PM

》Scythe's POV《

"S-so you're the blacksmith. J-john sent me here. He said I need to talk to you." I explained before he even smash me with his hammer.

"Oh. Another beginner. Follow me." He said and we went inside the door he just came from. The room was wide, the room is where most blacksmith forge their swords and armors and on the far-right side, there's a stairs and we're heading towards it.

He went upstairs first and I noticed the room he went in is so dark. I wonder what's in there. So, I followed him and entered the room as soon as I go in, the door suddenly closed.

"Do you have an idea, why did John sent you here?" I got surprised because he suddenly spoke in front of me. "I-i got no idea. He just sent me here." I explained. "I see. Then I shall explain this to you." He then snapped his fingers and five candles lit up behind him. Each candle lights up different weapons.

"Do you see those weapons?" He asked and I just nodded. "Those are the kinds of classes here in DRO." He said.

"The first one is a Sword, which is the Fighter or also called Warrior. Warriors are great in short range. They tend to be powerful but they are also slow. Warriors are the one's who have large armor and large swords." He explained.

"The second one is a Staff, which is the Magician or Mage. They are great in long range since they use magics. They also use a lot of mana and must be protected by Fighters but they deal great damage if one is hit." He explained.

"The third one is a Dagger, which is the Rogue or mostly called Assassin. They are great in short range fight, especially when they are ambushing someone. They tend to be quick but fragile, limited to light armor, but deal a lot of damage when allowed to do so." He explained.

"The fourth one is a Book, which is the Cleric or Healer. They are the main support of a team, they don't excel much in fighting, they are only there to help or heal her/his teammates. Unlike Magician-classes, the Clerics usually draw their powers from either Faith, a god, or some variation of the two. Clerics often focus on healing and party buffs, but sometimes they are offensively useful against "unholy" enemies such as demons and undead. Cleric-type classes generally have the least amount of variation, simply because healing is so vital and important that distracting a healer generally isn't seen as a good idea." He explained, and that is the longest explanation I ever heard.

"The fifth one is a Bow, which is the Ranger. Rangers are good in long range since they use bow or guns. Rangers may also be skilled in some form of wilderness or nature magic. They may be very good at fighting a specific type of enemy, and often take on the role of 'The Hunter' against such foes." He explained. "Now, tell me what do you want to choose." He briefly said.

"Hmmm... I need some time to think." I said as I look at the classes. "Okay, but I suggest you pick the Fighter Class because I saw you earlier, you want to use the Excalibur. You know The Excalibur is only exclusive for the fighter class." So he saw me but I'm not really into heavy armors and weapons, I think I just got attracted by the looks of The Excalibur.

Hmmm... I don't really like burdens and I also don't like long ranges since I can have disadvantage in short range fights. If I'm the one who's asked, I like to swiftly move around and I also like to carry light armor and weapons so... Rogue is the most compatible for me.

"Yosh! I've already decided! I'm gonna pick the Rogue Class!" I said. "I thought you like The Excalibur, that's why I recommended you the Fighter class but Rogue class is also good." He said. "Well, go claim the dagger. Once you claim it, your Class will change to Rogue." He explained.

I looked at the dagger once again, and after a second I decided to claim the dagger. After that, Hildar sent me back to John's place.

"So you already have a class, huh? Then why don't you fight monsters now, to test your strength? After that you can do whatever you want in this world." John said. "Okay, see ya later!" I said and left him.

Now, where can I go? I looked at the map and there's a forest outside this town. I can grind there.

After a few minutes, I finally find the way out of this big town. "So this is the forest huh?" I said after I saw the forest. I went inside and it's the same as the normal forest, that what I would say. If not for this monsters.

Two slimes and two wolves appeared.

--------------------
Wolf [Lvl. 3]
HP: 350/350

Wolf [Lvl. 2]
HP: 300/300

Slime [Lvl. 4]
HP: 500/500

Slime [Lvl. 4]
HP: 500/500
--------------------

They're from a different species why would they team up? I wonder. "Well, let's just get grinding!" I equipped my beginner's dagger and the slimes started charging at me although they're literally so slow.

I charged at them while  holding my dagger in my right hand. The first slime jumped at me, I reacted quickly and slashed it with my dagger, it got cut in half then the other slime jumped at me too but I dashed sidewards avoiding it's attack then I charged towards it slicing it in half.

I looked at the slimes again and they're reforming. "Damn. This slimes are too realistic." I said, then suddenly a wolf attacked me by my side while biting me. "Arrghhhh! Damn you!" I grabbed the wolf in his neck using my left arm. "Get. Off!" I held him tight and I tried to stab it in the back using my right hand. He suddenly let go of me and fall back but my dagger was stuck at it's back. I need to somehow get it back again.

The other wolf charged at me, and I have no weapon to defend myself. Damn. This game is hard than the other rpg's I've already played.

The wolf was trying to bite me but I jumped up before he can even bite me, and I pinned him to the ground to make him unstable for a while. I landed on the ground and quickly charged towards the other wolf. It also charged towards me and I just jumped up and landed on it's back, pinning him into the ground. I removed the dagger on his back and then stabbing him in his neck. Blood spurting from it's neck, it's health continuously depleting every second until it dies.

"Now, who's next?" I said while smiling creepily. The wolf and slimes charged at me all at once and I also charged at them. The wolf got closer to me first, he jumped towards me and I slide below him while slicing his belly. His HP depleted every second because of lost of blood.

Now, the two slimes are the only ones left. The two slimes both charged at me. The other one jumped at me, so I stabbed it and smashed it to the other slime. I removed my dagger from the slime then I quickly slashed both of them in an instant. Killing them in the process.

"Wrong choice." I said while looking at their dead bodies then a VS appeared in front of me.

--------------------
Received:
• 58 Exp.
• 40 Silver Coins
• 2 Wolf Claws
• 2 Wolf Furs
• 4 Slime Balls
--------------------

"I only gained 58 Exp. from this four monsters? I guess, I better continue grinding." I said and continued searching for monsters.

--------------------
So, this is the third chapter!

I hope you guys like it! Well, see you on the next chapter!

~ Ace-kun
--------------------