Chapter 2: NecroLink Start

September 10, 2023
Sunday
2:37 PM

》Zach's POV《

I finished eating my lunch and I also took a shower before heading into my room.

I'm glad I live alone in this condo. I can do whatever I want, whenever I like.

I closed the door of my room and looked at my newly bought console. "I can finally play DRO." I said as I hold the NecroGear in my hands.

I set up the NecroGear, then I layed down my bed. I placed the NecroGear at my head and closed my eyes. 'Finally, I can play DRO at last!' I said in my mind.

Let's go! "NecroLink Start!" I shouted then my mind went blank. After a few seconds, a VS or Virtual Screen appeared. It says:

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪《

:[Game - Dark Realm Online]:

Downloading Data:
87% out of 100%

Processing Data:
56% out of 100%

》 ▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪《

Another VS appeared saying that the download is finished. I said, "Proceed." Then it blacked out again. The next thing I know, is I'm on a white room.

I don't really play much rpg's, I mostly play shooting games. Especially COD.

A woman suddenly appeared in front of me and began talking. "Hi, I'm Elle. Welcome to the White Room, where all players start before diving into the world of DRO. Now, please select your gender." Elle explained. A VS suddenly popped up in front of me.

》▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪《

Select Your Gender:

> Male    
> Female

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪《

I clicked Male since we're using real voices inside the game. So, picking my gender as female while using my real voice sounds so awkward.

"Okay. Now, please customize your character." Elle said. A VS popped up again, and I start customizing my character.

I made my character's height to be 5'8" and I also made him slimmer. I made my hair to be long that reach my nose, like the one's in the animè. For my hair color, I chose black since it's much simplier and for my eye color, I chose red because it just looks cool. Well, that's it. Since I can't customize my clothes. I guess the clothes my character is wearing are for the beginners.

I clicked Proceed and Elle started to speak again. "You look great! Now, tell me. What is your name, player?" She said. I already thought of my name before this all started. "My name's gonna be... Scythe." I said then Elle spoke again.

"Welcome to Dragon Slayers Online, Scythe!" Elle said. "Scythe!Go and dive into the World of Ethereal!" Then my vision blacked out again. Aren't I suppose to choose my class first?! The hell is going on?!

Then my vision went back to normal and all I can see is blue. Is that the sky? I look below me and... "HELL! NO!" I began to fall down! I'm in mid-air! "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"I can barely hear my voice! I'm falling into the ground! FUUCCKK!

Then after a few seconds. I looked around me, and I'm already on the ground. That fall took my soul away! I-i was falling a-and I can't breathe normally. I fell into the ground while catching my breath.

It took me a few minutes before getting over that fall. "Damn. I hate this." I said. I stood up and looked around. This town, it's bigger than I first saw it, while I'm on air and the houses are like when medieval times. I noticed that I'm in front of a house. I wonder if I can ask someone where to go next.

Then the door suddenly opened. A guy appeared, his height is the same as me. He's also wearing normal clothes and has glasses on. "Hello, Scythe. You're a beginner am I right?" He said. I bet he's an NPC. "Yes, I am. Who are you again?" I asked. "Oh. Sorry for not introducing myself, I'm John. The one who helps new players or beginners." He explained. Just as I thought he's an NPC. "Oh, and pardon me. I'm not an NPC. I'm merely a player that helps other players in other words, I'm a Game Mod." The hell did he mind read me?

"Uh-ok." I said. "So, going back. I'm here to help you by giving you, your first quest." He said and he swiped down his finger and a VS appeared in front of him. He clicked something and suddenly a VS appeared in front of me.

It says: "Go and find Hildar the Blacksmith." Then John spoke again, "Hurry up, and find him." I nodded and left him.

I tried swiping down and a menu bar appeared but it only contains a map, inventory and my profile. I guess I'll unlock the others later.

So, I click the map and the map of the town appeared. I looked at the town name and it's called A'mlon. It can even be called city since it's so big. I looked at the map and I cam see the Blacksmith's shop. It's only a few blocks away.

I started walking and as I walk, I examined myself and damn. I like my hair and also my eyes. It's the same as the one I customized back in the White Room.

After a few minutes, I finally arrived at the Blacksmith's place. I knocked on the door, twice and there's no answer. After a few seconds of waiting. I barged inside the shop and I saw tons of armors and weapons and even a backdoor. This looks cool. I wandered around the shop and something caught my eye. It's an Excalibur hanging at the walls.

I was about to touch it when the backdoor burst opened. Revealing a big figure. I can't speak because I got overwhelmed by his size. "Who. Are. You?" He's voice it's so muscular. It's a voice of a barbarian. He stepped out of the door, and I saw his appearance. He's wearing a blacksmith's clothes, and he's even holding a big hammer. "I'm Hildar, the blacksmith." He said as he walk towards me.

Damn. I'm dead.

--------------------

So this is the 2nd Chapter!

It's not much but I hope you like it!

~ Ace-kun

--------------------