Nari nodded furiously. "Where's Woojin? I need to get my phone, please!"

     His forehead creased. "Woojin's probably in the systems room. Jeongin, can you take her? I'm gonna call Chan," he requested, giving Nari one last look before leaving the room. Desperately, she bounded over to the young boy, who seemed low-key scared of her intensity.

     "Um, this way." They took to the stairs again, but went to a third floor this time. How much room did a gang need?

     When they reached the top of the stairs, Jeongin took a hard right and led her down a hallway with a single door at the end. "This is Woojin's office, sort of. He stays here during missions, talking in everyone's ear, giving us directions, alerting us to danger, that sort of thing."

     "Cool, so can I go talk to him?" Nari rushed out, her mind moving at the speed of light.

     "Oh, yeah, you can go in. Sorry," he said sheepishly, rubbing an awkward hand on his neck. "I'll wait out here, if you want."

     A sudden, unexpected warmth flooded her. This boy here, just a few years older than her, was surrounded by impossible odds and dark events 24/7, yet he was so soft and kind. They all were.

     A nod rocked her vision. "Yes, thank you, Jeongin."

     He smiled bashfully, a dimple peeking out of one cheek, and leaned against the wall. Nari knocked on the door.

     Some rustling came from inside. "Who is it?"

     "Um, it's Lee Nari. I just wanted to - "

     The door swung open, startling her, and a rumpled boy stood in the frame, his big eyes sparkling.

     "Hello! No need to introduce yourself, I know who you are. You're a part of our family now! Well, not officially, but still," Woojin exclaimed, a large grin spreading across his face. "Anyway, although you probably know already, I'm Woojin. Come in, I'll show you around."

     She obediently followed him inside, itching to just look for her phone and take off with it. The space was very organized, a large black desk taking up the center of the room and several wall monitors playing blank feed. Three large computer screens sat on the desk, and a stack of neat papers covered in tabs and notes had been set on the edge. Woojin sat in the swivel chair that had been tucked under the desk and typed a few commands on his keyboard.

     "These show me any camera feed that's hooked to this house," Woojin said, gesturing at the screens on the wall. "Front door, basement, backyard, you name it."

     Nari hated to seem rude, but she was bursting with anxiety and couldn't keep her mouth shut for another second. "Woojin, thank you for taking the time to show me everything, but I really need my phone."

     His eyebrows went up. "Oh, well, you could have just said so," he chuckled. Reaching down, he opened one of the desk's drawers. His fingers fumbled around for a moment and drew her phone out of the small compartment. "I added the tracking technology that the others have in their phones, but don't worry, it's completely invisible to anybody else. Also, you obviously can't tell your friends where you are, so you'll have to cut them off, for now at least." His tone was apologetic.

     Her heart ached. Because of the events that had taken place, she wouldn't be able to see her best friend in the world anymore. Maybe never again. All because she just couldn't mind her own business.

     "I know. Don't worry, I'll make up an excuse for them," she sighed, brushing the pad of her thumb over her phone's screen. Woojin winced and patted her shoulder. It was a very brotherly gesture, and Nari smiled gratefully at him.