☾❙sixty

!! MAJOR TRIGGER WARNINGS !!
mentions of suicide
thoughts of murder
negative words & thoughts
degrading of mental illness
abuse
blood
hospital
mentions of self harm

PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK
DO NOT READ IF YOU THINK YOU
WILL BE TRIGGERED. THIS CHAPTER IS VERY DARK. IF YOU WOULD
LIKE A SUMMARY , I WILL GLADLY SUMMARIZE THIS CHAPTER FOR YOU!
IT IS IMPORTANT , BUT PLEASE DO NOT
FORCE YOURSELF TO READ THIS IF YOU
ARE TRIGGERED BY ANY OF THE WARNINGS! I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!

___

flash back — two years ago

she didn't want to be here. who did? who wanted to stay in a room with their best friend practically dead right beside them?

the constant beeping of the monitors were starting to get on her nerves. one more hour in here, and she will probably loose it. but she promised to stay and watch over poor baby luke. of course she really doesn't care, but doesn't want to seem like the bad guy.

this is all luke's fault. if he wasn't such an attention seeker who acted all depressed, neither of them would be in this situation. who would try killing them selves just for attention? luke isn't depressed like he says he is. no one is, that shit isn't real.

"this is bullshit." dayla mutters, rolling her eyes as she scanned luke's body for the millionth time that day.

this isn't the first time her best friend tried pulling something like this. no, this is his second time and now she's officially done with this shit. who wants to be friends with a depressed freak who tries to kill them selves just for the fun and attention for it?

she glanced over at the heart monitor, watching as the lines went up and down, following a pattern that she wished would end. she wanted to see a straight line so this would all end.

the doctor said that luke would hopefully be out of the ICU at the end of the week. the amount of damage luke had put his body into was very critical. dayla almost felt bad when she saw liz sobbing her eyes out as the doctor explained to her that her child is in critical condition in the ICU.

almost.

maybe if luke wouldn't fake this shit, dayla wouldn't feel so annoyed and angry about this.

it took hours for luke to be stable enough for visitors. dayla snorted when the bitch katherine didn't show up. maybe she didn't want to deal with his pathetic ass either.

luke would drift in and out of consciousness every hour. he would try to talk, but dayla would tell him to shut up and force him to go back to sleep.

she almost wanted to yank the oxygen mask off his face and watch him gasp for breath. watch him as he slowly died. if he wants death so much, why shouldn't she give it to him?

it came to that hour where luke stirred in his sleep, and his eyes slowly fluttered open. his eyes were dull, lifeless. the happiness that once flooded them was replaced with a dark storm. his eyes never shined brightly anymore. they just stayed a dull, blue grey color. his lips were extremely chapped, and his under eyes were surrounded with a mixture of blacks and purples. he's lost sleep over the past two years, causing his body to physically and mentally weak.

"d-d-day-dayla?" luke choked out, slowly turned his head to look at his best friend.

dayla rolled her eyes. "go back to sleep, luke."

luke sniffled and looked around the room he was in. "wh-where-"

"shut the fuck up and go to sleep!" dayla snaps, staring at luke with a burning glare that made luke feel like he was nothing.

he quickly shut his mouth, not daring to utter a single word. he didn't want dayla to hurt him, not now. he's already in so much pain. he doesn't need her to add to it.

he forced back the tears that pooled in his eyes. crying is a sign of weakness, and dayla would probably hit him if he started crying now. crying was for girls only anyways. dayla would tease and mock him about it. he doesn't want that.

momma. where's momma?

"m-mom-mma."

luke felt it before he could even blink. the needle that was inside his arm was yanked out quickly, and he screamed in pain. dayla dug the needle down his stitched scars, opening them back up. she threw the needle across the bed and gripped luke's jaw, leaned in so that her nose was touching his.

"say one more goddamn word, and i'll make sure that's not the only thing that's pulled." she sneered, throwing luke's head back against the bed.

dayla sat in the chair, and just a few seconds later a nurse ran into the room. "is everything alright?" she asks, her eyes wide and her body language showing worry.

dayla shakes her head. "he freaked out and ripped the iv out of his arm, and opened his stitches." she says sadly.

the nurse frowns and cautiously walks towards luke. "can i see your arm? where did the needle go?"

luke shakily held out his arm, and the nurse winced at the sight of blood dripping down his arm. the area that the needle was in was slowly started to bruise.

"oh darling," the nurse said softly, trying not to freak the boy out even more.

"i'll going to go to the doctor, can you hold this gauze up to your stitches for me, luke?" the nurse asks, getting a box of gauzes out from a cabinet.

he nodded and did as he was told, thanking the nurse and she left the room. now he was alone with her again, and he began to shake with fear as dayla stood up from the chair she was sitting in.

"don't you say a word, luke." she spits before going into the bathroom.

luke sniffled, his bottom lip quivering and he finally let his tears out. he was so scared and so confused. why is he alive? this should have worked this time. he just wants his mom. he doesn't want dayla.

but this was all his fault. he signed the contract with the devil once he said those three words that he regrets to this day. that's the sad thing though, he loves her even though she hurts him. when she isn't angry, she's nice and sweet. that's all luke needed. as long as he didn't make her mad, everything was okay.

plus, this was just all a lesson. he's learning not to do what he wants to do. he's learning to obey his other half. he's learned that he has no choices or control in this relationship.

and that's exactly what dayla wants.

____

i spent the last few thinking
of toning down the darkness
in this chapter , or just deleting
it all and rewriting it into
something different but i wanted
to let you guys see a part of luke's
backstory and see why he is the way
he is . the confusion , doubt , insomnia , anxiety , depression , all of it. i also
thought about toning the darkness
down a little, but i remembered
that there are some very very
cruel people in this world and you
can't sugar coat it and make it soft
and not so bad .

and thank you for 1k comments 🥺
you guys are the best ❤️