Chapter Six: Water And Fire Clash

Olysseus and I spent a lot of time together after my breakdown. Not that we had much of a choice, to begin with, but it was still pleasant. We spent all day just being in each other's arms.

Not much was said between us as we were just so exhausted from the emotional tornado from the morning. Olysseus was having difficulties staying awake with the gold being on him for so long. Tone was right when he said he had a ridiculously high pain tolerance. Even so, I was still worried about his health.

Olysseus didn't seem too worried about his condition though. He seemed more lost in thought than anything. I was as well. My mind was buzzing with questions I wanted to ask him.

I hadn't started a conversation since we fell into our peaceful silence. Although I didn't mind it much. I had a feeling in the future we would be too busy to rest like this without passing out right away from the walking.

"Hey, Love? How far away is Clone's Tower from here?"

"Not far enough, Little Mate."

"D-Do you know what will happen at Clone's Tower?"

He frowned and shook his head, "All I know is they use you to somehow bring forth the armies of the shadow realm."

I matched his frown and cuddled closer. I had my arms around his neck while his back was against one of the tent poles. His embrace was warm and comforting. I silently thanked the fates again for giving me such a strong and kind mate. We both may be a little broken right now, but we would hold each other together.

"Do you think they'll kill me?"

"I will do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen, Dove. And if somehow I fail to keep you safe. I'll make every last one of them pay and then I'd follow you into the afterlife."

His voice held such an ache and sorrow that I could understand. The thought of losing him hurts just as much. I'd do the same thing. I'd kill every last one of them and then myself just so we could battle them into the pits together.

I felt my chest hurt as my heart started to race. Panic struck me for a moment until I forced myself to calm. A heat swirled like liquid inside my chest and I wasn't sure why a small white light was trying to escape from my heart.

I held the light inside with my hands, catching Olysseus's attention. He looked down at me confused. My flames suddenly burst forth, catching us both off guard. The healing blue flames scared the daylights out of me. I didn't call them forth nor even feel them under my skin before they sparked to life. It was almost like they had a mind of their own as the tiny brightness was pulled back into my body.

"You look just as baffled as I feel right now." Olysseus chuckled, making me smile.

He was certainly right about that. I had never had anything like that happen to me before. I returned my arms to being wrapped around him and focussed on the kind flames dancing around us. They were healing Olysseus's wounds and whatever aches I had. Soon enough my entire being felt so calm and relaxed. It made me feel sleepy.

"You two should rest as long as you can. Father is determined to leave early in the morn yet again." Came Tone's voice as he hurriedly entered the tent.

Tone's sudden entrance snapped me out of my relaxing trance and the flames retreated beneath my skin. Olysseus pulled me closer while wrapping my loose wing into my body to shield me. He was being overly cautious with Tone and this concerned me greatly. Normally it seemed he would act the opposite around Tone.

"You're wounded! What did he do?" Olysseus demanded.

I tried to look at Tone, but my wing blocked my vision. Whatever Master Flare had done to Tone must have been disturbing to have Olysseus act like this.