Chapter 8

Narrator's POV

The walk towards Roger's office honestly felt like a walk of shame, but yeah... Maybe the novelist should've thought out the best way to approach Lauren first instead of just acting the way she was, so it was kinda her fault.

Okay, screw that 'kinda', it was completely her fault. But still, it's all thanks to this PR she's never asked for in the first place.

"Well, hello there."

Y/N expected only Roger and Camila to be there, but instead, she found the room filled with the whole PR team. And there was no sign of the singer anywhere.

Great, now she knows for sure that she's in some big trouble.

"Uhm... excuse me but what is happening right now?" the novelist asked carefully.

The sight of these professionals furiously typing on their laptop and making phone calls was rather intimidating, and it's even scarier without the context.

"They are covering your little affair with Ms. social media influencer with other news and asking the media to not report about it," Roger explained with sass in his tone. When he received the news about the whole Lauren situation, let's say he got a little stressed over it. And since they've already stuck so much time and energy in this PR, they can't just throw the whole thing away. Only option they have is thus to cover it up.

The novelist's mouth formed an 'o' as she took in the scene in front of her again. That makes a lot of sense, yeah.

Roger walked over to her and grabbed Y/N by both of her shoulders. "Listen, whatever the paps or interviewers ask you that's concerning about this situation, just avoid them, alright? And do that nicely. That's the only thing you gotta do."

"But--" Y/N started to object because hell, even if she'll try to avoid this topic, knowing the media they still won't rest the case unless they've received an answer they're satisfied with.

And the only acceptable answer for them was probably just admitting the whole thing, so that is kinda out of option. So the fuck is she supposed to do when they keep pressing about it?

"How about you go on a date with Camila?" Roger suggested since she was literally standing in the way right now and not being useful or anything. 

Y/N furrowed her eyebrows at him. "Is that a good idea though?" With the on-going Lauren drama going on, she really would've thought being seen with Camila would be the last thing on the list. 

"Yeah," the manager scribbled an address and pushed in it the novelist's hand. "Here's her address, go bother her or something. Just leave me alone for now."

-

Currently, Camila was just kinda resting at her house, watching some sad romantic movies with boxes of tissues around her. 

The movie actually really isn't that sad anymore. I mean, it was The Notebook and even though it is a very sad movie, she's already watched it at least a million times, so... yeah. She just put it on to give herself an easier excuse to cry her heart out. 

Honestly, she felt pretty pathetic with the whole situation. She knew it's a PR and everything they're doing means nothing to the Y/E/C-eyed girl. But still... that didn't stop her from catching feelings and being sad over finding out that she actually already has a girlfriend before entering this PR relationship. 

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. She paused the movie and dragged herself to the front door, the fuzzy blanket still wrapped around her shoulders. Opening the door, she found her girlfriend on the other side.