Chapter 2

Narrator's POV

"So uhm... nice to meet you?"

After they've bought their order, neither one of them were really speaking. It was pretty fucking awkward. In the eyes of the other people here, they probably just looked like two strangers that happen to be sitting together in the same booth.

Which, technically, is true, but that doesn't really matter now. They should to at least look like they're friends.

Y/N looked up from her phone, raising her eyebrows amusedly at the singer. "Likewise."

Camila tapped on the table with her fingers. It's just a habit to ease her nerves. She's losing the Y/E/C-eyed girl's interest again, so she gotta take the initiative to keep the conversation going. "So, you're a novelist, huh?"

The young writer put down her phone before crossing her arms over the table. "Yes, I am. And you're a singer," she stated as a matter of fact.

"Yup."

And that ended that conversation. If they're going to keep it up like this, the time that their relationship's gonna last would feel even longer than it is. And from the looks of it, it certainly lasts at least a year, most probably even longer. 

Camila took a sip of her coffee as she thought of something else to talk about. When she was in college, everyone was dying to talk to her, so automatically, she never had to initiate any conversations because the other person would just do that. She wasn't exactly getting used to this.

"Ah... what are your hobbies?"

Y/N, on the contrary, was actually quite enjoying this. She thought it was cute. From Camila's awkwardness to her quick embarrassments. To the stripe of white foam that's now on top of her lips from the coffee. She decided to not say anything about it though.

The writer covered her mouth a bit to hide her smile. "Partying, clubbing, writing."

Camila slowly nodded her head. "At least we have something in common. But I mean, you're a writer. Of course you'd like writing."

"Song lyrics or like, actual writing?"

"Both," the singer answered. She then caught onto Y/N's gaze on her and raised her eyebrows. "Is there something on my face...?"

Y/N nodded her head and just when Camila was making a move to grab her phone to see what it is, the young writer gestured her to lean closer towards her over the table. She did as she was told as Y/N grabbed a napkin and gently wiped the foam off Camila's lips. All the while, she made sure to keep eye contact with the singer and made an obvious shift in gaze down to her lips.

As expected, Camila's cheeks reddened under both her eyes and her touch. She knew that she had some sort of effect on the older girl, she just wanted to test and make sure of it. Satisfied with the results, Y/N pulled back and faced her with a pleased expression, there might have even been a hint of a smirk there.

Camila tried to hide her blush by looking away and cleared her throat. "So uh, you don't like reading?"

"I don't," Y/N confirmed simply. "A novelist that doesn't like to read, I know. Nothing in my life makes sense anyway," she added with a shrug.

Camila smiled a little at that. "Well, I do like reading. I think I've even read one of your works."

Y/N raised her eyebrows in surprise but didn't say anything.

"I think it was called 'Almost'. It's about this college kid stuck in a love triangle with her childhood best friend and her late girlfriend, right?"