She continued making her way out of school with Michael following behind her. As soon as they reached the school entrance, she went straight to the bus stop which was right in the corner. Michael was there also. She was getting impatient because a bus was taking forever to show up. Not mention that that boy was creeping her out.

"Umm, can I help you with something?"

"Why do you think I might need help?"

"You've been following me since we were in detention. You winked at me when we were in detention."

"Oh, that. Nothing much, just wanted to get to know you better."

"Didn't you have another way to approach me?" He calmly walked behind her and placed his hands on hips.

"Get off of me!" She immediately smacked his hands and stepped away from him.

"C'mon, don't be like that."

"Don't be like what!?" She sighed. She knew he would say that she was being stubborn. She remained calm and spoke. "Look, I am just a normal person, waiting for the bus and you just come and try to hug me? Something must be messed up here."

He took a step forward and she took a step back. "Stay away from me." Just then, a car came to a stop in front of them. Both looked at it as the window rolled down. It was Drake.

"Hop in." He said to Nicki, and she gladly did it.

"Thanks."

"It was nothing." He drove a bit until they had to stop at the traffic light.

"Where were you about to go?"

"To Candi's house."

"Where is it?"

"Just a few streets after ours."

"Alright." The traffic light got green and they sped off back to their neighbourhood with a minimum of conversation and soft sound of the radio on.

•••

"Care to explain how on earth you got detention?" Candi asked as soon as she opened the door for Nicki.

"Well, good morning to you too." Candi rolled her eyes. Nicki just laughed and hugged her. "Long-short story. Mine and Drake's chemistry expiriment went wrong."

"He got detention too?"

"Touché."

"You are so extra sometimes." They walked in the living room and sat on the couch. "So, what do you want to do today?"

"I don't know. I haven't been in the mood to go out lately."

"My parents are out of town for the weekend."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" They looked at each other.

As Nicki said "Movie day!" Candi said "House Party!" Nicki just looked at her like she was crazy.

"Let's just go with yours." Candi said.

They picked up their phones and started contacting their friends.

***

It was about 4 in the afternoon now and only Sherika had made it. Lauren and Tnembi couldn't make it. One had a date and the other had a family BBQ.

Nicki was microwaving the popcorn, Sherika was checking the beverages and Candi was making the living room more of a comfortable place.

"Guess it's just going to be us, three." Just then, the doorbell rang.