0.4

P r e s e n t T i m e

M I C H A E L ◄

"This next gig is gonna be fucking awesome!! Aren't you excited?" Ashton asked me once we arrived backstage. I honestly was. Ever gig we did would always end up being an amazing night. "I actually am, and i'm not lying at all" I answered. "Yeah, lets hope you can finally forget about Lindsay Lohan Costanza for once" Ashton commented.

I heard Luke and Calum laugh from afar. My blood boiled with anger. I hated when they made fun of Chrissy, especially for what she became after the breakup. It was also why i would cringe at the Lindsay Lohan jokes.

One because they were referring to Chrissy, and two because I actually love Mean girls and didn't want her character ruined for me. "Shut the fuck up, will you?" I shot at him. "What? You have to admit it" Ashton said defensively. I was done with his shit. "I wasn't the one that wore a hideous purple shirt to the first day of band practice" I tried but failed at a good comeback.

"I wasn't the one that dated a girl that turned out to be an alcoholic and a drug addict!" Ashton bolted at me. I hated when he would only be able to use that specific thing to come at me. "Are you fucking serious? You can only use that excuse against me?" I asked him. "I have too many to choose, i'm just saying. Like how you used to be a dick to Lu-" "Guys guys! Enough!" Calum joined in and tried stopping the fight.

"Can I just say that I didn't really give a shit about that?" Luke chimed in with a witty look on his face as he was relaxing on the other couch in the couch. "And Chrissy is much hotter than Lindsay Lohan, just saying" Calum added in. "Mean Girls Lindsay or Cracked Out Lindsay?" Ashton asked. "Cracked Out Lindsay" Luke repeated, laughing at the comment.

"Crack head Lindsay" Calum joked, making the whole band except me laugh hysterically. "We're going to hell" Calum commented, continuing to laugh. "Yeah you sure as hell will" I threatened, attempting to choke him. "Dude fuck off" Calum said, pushing my hands off of him angrily. "Jesus we didn't know you took it so seriously." Ashton said.

I sat down onto the couch that I was leaning on before the whole fight started. "I just hate it when you guys compare Chrissy to Lindsay Lohan. I can't watch Mean Girls again without cringing at Cady Heron. Its my favorite movie to watch on the long nights on the tour bus" I said.

"Are you fucking serious? Who watches Mean Girls on the tour?" Calum asked. I was immediately offended. I forgot about the whole Chrissy situation at the moment and was almost disgusted with Calum's negative comment on the movies. "Um I do!" Luke yelled, making the whole band turn to him and laugh.

"Regina George was hot though..." Ashton commented. "No, I'm more of a Gretchen Weiners type of guy" Calum said. That got me to wonder exactly why and how we got onto the topic of Mean Girls. "Wait why are we talking about Mean Girls again?" I asked out of the blue. "I forgot, someone brought up the topic" Calum answered. We all looked at Luke.

"What the fuck? Why is it always me?" he asked defensively. We all turned back to each other. "Guys the gig is literally in 5 minutes. Time flies fast" Ashton said. "Lets hope tonight you don't break the drum set again" Luke commented, making Calum chuckle. "HEY! Those were all accidental!" Ashton attempted to defend himself once more.

We got out to the stage to see the large crowd of people in the audience. It was something we were already used to. It looked like a very decent place, but at the same time it gave me some sort of weird vibe. I didn't exactly know why, but I completely ignored it. "How's everyone doing tonight?!" I heard Calum yell out to the audience. The crowd roared with excitement, which made me a lot more confident about this performance.