"Me too babe." Brantley said to me, looking at me. I smiled at him, before I cheeked up on Lydia who was all big green eyes. I gave her a kiss on her cheek. 

"Mommy loves you so much Lydia Genevieve." I said to my daughter. 

Brantley just pulled up to the store. He jumped off the wagon, I was about to handed him Lydia when I felt Brantley picking me up. 

"Brantley Keith! You are going to hurt your back picking me and Lydia up like that." I said to him. Brantley smiled at me. 

"Baby I pick up more at work then you and our daughter." Brantley said to me. I gave him a kiss. 

"I love you woman." Brantley said to me. I smiled at him. 

"And I love you. Now put me on the ground. And get to work!" I yelled at him. Brantley sat me down. 

"Yes ma'am. Love you." Brantley said to me giving me another mouthful of a kiss. I watched as Brantley climb back onto the wagon and drove down to the mill. I walked into the store.

"You better go out there and find them Percival. I hope they are okay. What if something happened to them. Oh Percy!" I heard Mrs. Cobb just cryin her big brown eyes out. 

"I'm sure they are okay." I heard Mr. Cobb say. They walked into the store. 

"Mrs. Cobb are you okay. Who does Mr. Cobb need to cheek on. I can go get Brantley." I said to her. 

"You! You gave me a heart attack!" Mrs. Cobb said to me. 

"Me. What did I do?" I asked her. Mrs. Cobb walked over to me and pulled me into a hug. 

"I'm sorry but It's already 8 in the morning." Mrs. Cobb said to me. 

"Great first day as a teacher and I'm late. Thank you again for watching her. Oh here's some clean dippars and there's a bottle in the bag as well. Oh and she loves it when you sing to her. Oh and if she get's mad try---" Mrs. Cobb cut me off. 

"Yes dear. Now please go to the church. Rev. Meyer is there with the children. I know what I'm doing. Plus if we need you, you are 150 feet away. Go. Good luck and have fun." Mrs. Cobb said to me. I gave Mrs. Cobb Lydia. I gave her a kiss on her head. 

"I love you baby." I said to her. I ran out of the store. I can't believe I'm late on my first day at work. I hate that we already have so much snow already. I walked into the school house and heard Rev. Meyer trying to keep the children quiet. I walked in so he can see me and I can see how many students I'm going to be teaching. I saw 14 students. That's a good amount of students. 

"Oh thank you Lord. Children, children please be quiet. Please shh!" Rev. Meyer is trying to calm down. He looked at me. I smiled at him. 

"May I try." I asked him. He looked down at me. 

"You are the teacher Mrs. Gilbert." He told me. Okay, here we go. 

"Okay everyone needs to shut up right now!" I yelled at the class room. Everyone stopped and just looked at me. Living with Brantley, who is 100 percent mountain man, with a bad mountain mouth. And I'm afraid I've learned from the best. 

"Thank you Mrs. Gilbert." Rev. Meyer said to me. 

"Your welcome sir." I said to him. 

"Everyone, this is Mrs. Luci Gilbert. She will be teaching you until we can get a teacher here full time. Can we all say hello to Mrs. Gilbert." Rev. Meyer said to the classroom. 

"Hello Mrs. Gilbert." They all said to me. I smiled at them all. 

"Hello everyone. Sorry I'm late. That won't happened again." I said to them.