Chapter 29- Dinner Pt 1

Happy Reading :)

"My mom wants me to invite you to dinner," I said nervously. Damon's reaction to my concussion story wasn't the best, so I could only imagine what would happen if he saw my brothers now. 

"To your house?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Yes," I fidgeted with the drink in my hand, we had gone to Starbucks and now we were sitting at the park above his house on the grass. 

"To have dinner with your kidnappers?"

"Yes,"

"And your possible mafioso brother that wants me dead?"

"I never said he wants you dead!" 

"Lydia, come on he wants me dead." He looked at me pointedly.

"Okay well maybe but you don't know that." 

"Do you want me there?" He asked, taking my hand and bringing it to his mouth. I was mesmerized by how perfect his lips were, perfect and soft as he traced the outline of my knuckles.

"Hmm," I said lazily, my head seemed to get fuzzy when he did things like this.

"I said do you want me to come to dinner?" He asked again. 

I ignored him and pulled him closer to me, I tried to kiss him but he moved his face and my lips hit his cheek.

"Tell me," 

"Please," I whined.

"One kiss," He said. I put my lips to his and he gave me a peck but didn't move more than that. 

"Kiss me back," I grumbled.

"I told you one kiss, then you have to tell me what you want." He smiled. 

"Fine I want you to come!" I huffed and he grinned and tackled me to the ground, showering me with kisses and tickling me while I screamed. 

*Joe's POV*

"What do we do if she comes home with him now?" It was 6 and dinner was at 8 once Pop came home. 

"She wouldn't do that, she's not that dumb." Marcus Melvin and I were downstairs playing FIFA, when Mr. Bright idea decided he wanted to go find Lydia and Damon Mama was waiting downstairs with a spoon in her hand. She knew her sons very well.

We heard he door jiggle, Marcus paused the game and we all turned towards the door. 

Lydia walked through, alone, and tried to speed past the living room. 

"Where do you think you're going Lydia?" Melvin asked blocking her way to the stairs. 

"Move Melvin." She said looking down at the floor.

"Or what?" He got in her face bad this time and I saw this coming before she even moved.

Her knee swiftly swung up and made direct contact with Melvin's junk.

The sound that escaped Melvin's mouth will probably haunt me for the rest of my life. 

Marcus' face probably mirrored my own look of horror. Melvin came crashing down. Rookie mistake, you never corner a scared animal Melvin!

"Anyone else want some?" She challenged.

Marcus immediately took a step back and she ran up the stairs. 

"My nuts," Melvin wheezed, "I'm gonna kill that bitch." 

"You're gonna what?" She came back down the stairs looking murderous.

*Lydia's POV* 

I was dreading going back to the house, but Damon needed time to get ready for tonight, mentally and physically, and so did I. Spending all afternoon with Damon wouldn't help our case.