Chapter 13- Supposed to

Hey ya'll Idk if I've made the timeline clear but I want to make it so they're gonna be off winter break soon after this party, I've read and re read but I can't find anything definite so I'm just gonna make it before break is over :)

Happy Reading :)

"Turn around."

I turned and saw Damon standing in the corner talking to some girls, smiling.

I hadn't seen him since the break-up, he transferred out of our class together, having rich parents came in handy I guess. We had only spoken over the phone when he was drunk out of his mind, but even the drunk dials slowly faded out. I missed the sound of his voice, the way his hair felt under my fingers, the way his strong arms would wrap around my waist.

I turned back around to Ria.

"I need more alcohol,"

"You and me both."

I sunk back in my chair and closed my eyes. I could already sense the long night ahead.

I got up and approached Marcus.

"Sorellina," he was already drunk, surprise surprise.

"Hey Marc," I smiled.

"Having fun?" He grinned, "You're boyfriend is over there."

I stiffened.

"I won't tell Melvin," He said keeping his face light, "But it's taking all of me not to go beat the shit out of him, you might want to go talk to him before anyone else does."

"I thought we were past this Marcus," I really did, we were finally on good terms, I didn't think there was still hostility between them.

"Yeah well I was, but now I'm drunk, and I'm remembering why I didn't like the guy in the first place."

"Oh god," I sighed and walked slowly towards Damon, I could feel my brothers gaze burning into my back, but he quickly turned back to his intense game of beer pong.

I could hear my heart beating rapidly in my chest as I got closer to him. He looked up and pushed aside the people he was talking to, the fact that one of them was a really attractive redhead made my heart drop to my chest, but when I met his dark eyes it soared once more.

"Hey," He smiled.

"Hi," I smiled back.

"You look really good," His eyes traveled the length of my body and I was really thankful for the outfit choice, "Did you do something new to your eyes? They seem bigger,"

"Yeah I'm trying out something new," I could feel myself blushing intensely.

"Well it looks good," He said awkwardly looking away.

"Thanks," I hated this whole stiff exchange, I missed the way we used to talk, how easy and comfortable it was. But in this moment I wanted nothing more than to throw myself at him so maybe this platonic conversation was a good thing. 

"Dame?" The redheaded girl called from where he left them.

"I'll catch up to you later," He turned back to me, "Do you want to go talk somewhere?"

"Don't you have people to get back to," I couldn't help but let the hurt saturate my voice with sarcasm. I didn't want him to know I was jealous but I really was.

"Oh them? Her? They're-they're just friends, really Lydia they're just friends," He stuttered trying to convince me, I had never seen Damon like this before, he was always so cool and laid back, but in this moment his eyes were wide with panic. He stopped regained his cool, his face suddenly turned harsh and hostile, "I don't know why I'm explaining myself to you it doesn't really fucking matter does it."