Chapter 19-

Happy Reading :)

It was the morning of our first day back from break. I was rushing around my room trying to find all the elements of a perfect outfit. I hadn't seen Damon since he took me to the cafe, we had talked of course, but we hadn't seen each other in person.

I wanted to look presentable as this would be the first day I could be open about our relationship. I would be marking my territory pretty much, and I'm sure he would be looking forward to do the same.

My phone, sitting on the dresser, lit up.

Meet me by the benches when you get to school.

Okay :)

"Lydia breakfast!" My mother called from downstairs. I was wearing a casual sweater dress and converse, my  hair was in dutch braids and I put on the slightest amount of make up. I sprayed myself with perfume and ran downstairs.

"You look beautiful," My mother exclaimed.

"Thanks Mama!" I smiled and kissed her cheek, the boys were already in the car waiting for me because I was taking so long. I grabbed a waffle to go and bounded outside.

"Marcus had begun to drive us to school, so it wasn't so cramped with just me and Joe in the back. Our cousins had gone earlier to register as new students.

I got into the back seat and Marcus started the car.

"Did Mickey George and Theo already go?" I asked, attempting to start up conversation. Dead silence. This is how it had been since Saturday.

"Yeah they left early this morning, Dad took them." Joe answered, he was the only person who was on my side, he didn't like the idea of me dating Damon Rodriguez but he didn't like the way everyone was treating me.

"No one else is gonna answer?" I continued.

"Nope," Said Melvin. He actually spoke to me so that was new. I was being shunned essentially, like an amish teen who chose a blow dryer over a horse drawn carriage.

The rest of the ride was spent in silence. No one speaking, Marcus was clearly deep in thought but tired at the same time. It looked like he was thinking about what he was gonna do, how he was gonna act, the extent of his shunning.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

All the family drama was making it hard to enjoy the excitement of having a highschool boyfriend. Before Damon I never thought I would see the day.

Family Drama aside I was looking forward to being with Damon at school, no hiding, no drama, and no janitor's closets. Marcus parked in student parking, and we all got out of the car, it reminded me of last year, when Joe wasn't with us and Greg was a senior.

We would always park in the student lot and walk in together, I missed those days, even though I was only in school with Greg for a year it was still one of the best years.

We walked towards the front of school, my brothers migrated to their usual spot where they met with all their friends. They all had fresh haircuts and shaves, trying to impress their second semester love interests.

Most of them were Marcus' friends, all seniors so this was their last semester in highschool. It reminded me of Greg's last year and suddenly I felt overwhelmed with emotion. Sadness because one by one my brothers were getting older and leaving me. I felt the worst for Joseph, he would lose the most.

Although we all still lived under the same roof there was something so comforting about going to school and knowing my brothers were always with me.