15th lock

As some of you might know: BigHit once had a girlband named GLAM. The oldest member was Zinni (Kim Jinhee). She's the woman in the picture.

Yoongi focus

"One painting was sent separately. Probably Gimpo. We missed it," Taehyung said on the other end of the line and Yoongi growled.

"D.O. you little shit," he whispered, doubting that Yamamoto was smart enough to pull off something like that.

"But that makes no sense," his boyfriend disagreed with his little outburst. "The D.O. I know is greedy, but he wouldn't betray his country."

Yoongi knew that better than anyone, but D.O. was the only obvious suspect. "There's only one way to find out. Meet me at the address I sent you," he instructed, and Taehyung understood instantly: if Kyungsoo was still in the apartment Yoongi had handed him together with the new name, he was innocent; if not, he was a probable culprit. Or just cautious like Won had taught them to be. Their late mentor had the opinion that paranoia is your best friend. Many of them did not take that to heart, but D.O. did, forming him into the perfect human ghost.

"Yes. See you there," his boyfriend replied and the lazy doot of the cut-off connection ended their conversation.

When Yoongi grabbed the keys of the van he was almost sure that he would find D.O. The plan might be smart like one of a conman, but Yamamoto was defending many clients who were anything but innocent, so the lawyer might as well have picked up some tricks and methods. Especially the ploy with the pictures was an old hat in their industry. Hide one picture within another and no one will either care or dare to look too closely in fear of doing damage to the enveloping painting.

><

"You look angry," Yoongi noted when he rejoined with Namjoon and Taehyung in front of D.O.'s apartment door.

"Guess why," his boyfriend growled and pressed the bell push.

Five second later, a woman greeted them.

"Oh!" she said at the sight of Yoongi while the rest was busy taking in her appearance. Her long chestnut hair was bound back and revealed a boyish side-cut, the white tank top showed off her muscular arms, and her black cargos did nothing to make her look more girlish.

"Zinni?" Yoongi asked flabbergasted.

"Suga!" she replied delighted, and with a mischievous grin she turned around to shout into the apartment, "It's the Slicer!"

Yoongi twitched at the reminder of that very old and despicable nickname of his which he had earned because he once had damaged a painting while cutting it out of its frame. Since then he had been excluded from the field action and Won had placed him behind the computer as eagle eye, a job that had turned out to be much more suitable for him.

D.O. appeared next to Zinni with a cautious look at the three people on his doorstep. "The Slicer? Ah, Suga," he said in his low rumble and Yoongi was almost grateful that his old friend did not remember that stupid name. "I suppose we have a problem," the master thief stated matter-of-factly.

But Yoongi did not respond. Something else had flashed through his mind when he had heard his old nickname. No one would slice a Picasso when they're searching for a Monet, Jin had once said. Their old friend Kim Seokjin used Yamamoto's method to ship his drag-and-drop-art. "No, that's impossible," he whispered but pulled out his smartphone nonetheless, confusing everyone.

Any attempt of Taehyung to ask him what was going on was blocked by his raised hand that gestured his boyfriend to stay quiet.

"What's my favorite hacker up to?" the playful voice of the personal shopper greeted him.