14th lock

Namjoon focus

Namjoon knew that he was in desperate need for a rest; his eyes lost focus every now and then and his body felt like his limbs no longer belonged to him. But they were so close to getting this horror of a job over with that he could not think of sleeping. If Yamamoto had received the documents, they needed to act as fast as possible, so he needed to stay in shape for at least two more days. That's why he was inhaling the double espresso and the Jjajangmyeon Taehyung had ordered him to eat when he and Yoongi had arrived back at the apartment.

"We must install cameras in the apartment before sending the threat," Taehyung said while putting down another bowl and chopsticks in front of Yoongi and Jungkook. "Otherwise he might order someone to act before we can see."

Suga nodded. "I'll go after eating."

"I'll come with you," Namjoon said over a bite of food.

"No, you'll stay here and take a nap," Taehyung disagreed and looked at him with a stern face. "You'll kill yourself if you continue like that."

Namjoon was about to start an argument when Jungkook placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "If you stay here, you can watch over the camera feed the moment Yoongi has put up the hardware."

That sounded logical. He also could not do more than watch the hacker while installing the surveillance, so he was in a better position if he stayed here. "Okay," he sighed and nodded weakly. It would not harm him to take a power nap to ease his tired nerves.

"So, it's decided," Taehyung said. "And Kook, you can go home for today."

The bumper nodded without hesitation. How could he be so unbothered by everything that was going on? Did he not feel the pressure that was burdening everyone? Maybe he did not. Maybe he felt just like an employee, unconcerned by the failure of his employer because taking care of the consequences would not be his responsibility. Only this time, it would be. If not in a direct way, it would come in the form of an international escalation which would concern the whole country.

Namjoon would love to slap that into the young man's head, but then he reminded himself that no one needed to share his stress if it was avoidable. A horse with its mind at ease was much more helpful than a frightened bull.

"Another please," he asked of Taehyung and handed over his cup. He had been consuming so much caffeine that it was losing its effect.

The coffee eyes scanned him briefly before the artist stood up to get the espresso cooker. "Suit yourself," he said when he placed in on the table and sat down again, "but be aware that I will use every method needed to get you to nap after lunch." A challenging eyebrow was risen at him and Namjoon put down the can again. Taehyung was right; he should sleep instead of doping himself.

He also vividly remembered Bailong whom he had sent into the land of dreams single-handedly with Yoongi's sleeping drought, so he did not want to find out how far Taehyung would go to knock him out.

><

Yoongi had been gone for almost one hour when Taehyung's phone buzzed on the kitchen table and Namjoon twitched where he had been dosing on the bed. "Who's that?" he croaked out and sat up.

"Yoongi," the artist answered and put the call on speaker.

"We have a problem," the raspy voice of the hacker spoke. "FedEx is raiding Yamamoto's apartment. They're carrying out the furniture and some packages, so we can't get in."

Taehyung froze. "Packages? What packages?" he asked, eyes glued to the phone.

"Pretty big but slim. The pictures maybe," the hacker responded, and Taehyung's eyes widened.