-7-

July 17 2012

[Two years before - Day 260 ]

I was so happy.

Finally, I turned eighteen.

"Happy birthday, love," my dear Alex said.

We were on his bed, our bodies entwine in a comfortable embrace. We haven't done anything yet, besides kissing passionately and hugging like this. I told him I wanted him to wait. I was not yet ready for that. Alex was a gentleman, he agreed with what I said and promised me that he will not push me to anything I didn't want to do.

And that's one of the many reasons why I love him. He understands me.

He was living alone in his apartment, just blocks away from our house and we decided to celebrate my eighteenth birthday there. My bedroom was much bigger than his whole room combined but it didn't matter. As long as he was there with me, nothing really mattered. 

Each second of that day, I was happy.

And the day after that, I will be living in his small room myself.

Since I was eighteen, I was allowed to do anything I wanted and that included living my own life. I didn't tell my mother yet about my plans  because I was sure she would never agreed to it. She hated Alex. She hated him since that first day. She believed that he would just hurt me and I wanted to prove her wrong. I wanted to prove that Alex would not even shout at me or worst, raise a hand to me.

I believed back then that he would never hurt me.

"I love you so much, Raven Carlyle."

"I love you too, Alex...I will never love another person aside from you."