"Seems pretty stupid if you ask me" I say.

"It seemed like a good idea at the time." A voice said coming from behind us. It was an unfamiliar voice and made me jump out of my skin. I turned around to see a man standing in front of me with a blue and white cap, he held his hands in his pockets.

"Holy shit! I think I just shat myself" Josh says shaking as he holds up the knife we just found.

"Don't shit yourself, under wears not that easy to come by these days" the man says giving us a look.

"Nate who are you talki-" A girl comes around the corner with her hands in the pockets of a hoodie with an orange P on the chest. She stops talking as soon as she sees us.

"Its just a couple kids Brit, no harm" Nate says holding his arms to the side of him.

"Where did you come from?" The girl asks me. I knew I couldn't say anything about Wellington so I stayed quiet.

"Silent type?" The girl asks, the faded sunlight shines on her glasses which were surprisingly still in good shape even after the many years that this had been going on.

"I guess you could say that" I say in reply. I watch as Jamie and Luke draw their guns and sneak up behind the girl and this so called Nate.

"There's people with weapons behind us" Nate says to the girl, she shrugs.

"Were not going to hurt you" she insists.

"What's your name?" Luke asks pushing a gun against her back.

"Jesus Luke, give the girl some space" Jamie states and Luke removes the gun. The girl turns around and faces Luke.

"I'm Brittany and this is Nate" she points to the man standing beside her.

"Are you two....you know?" Luke asks awkwardly.

"Ergh fuck that, I'm a lesbian for a reason" Brittany says giving Nate a funny look as she spoke in a strange accent I didn't recognise.

Luke and Jamie look at eachother. I had no idea what a 'lesbian' was.

"Thanks so much Britt, hopefully it wasn't me that turned you gay." Nate sighs.

"Can't guarantee anything" she laughs

"You on your own?" Jamie asks.

"For over a month or two now, we lost some people. Part of a group, I found Nate and the rest is awkward stupid history." She explains.

We continue to talk to Brittany and Nate for the next couple of minutes.

“I come from England, I am...I mean was a student at Princeton. I was studying medicine and then this shit happened” she lifts her arms up and shrugs.

“Smart girl then” Jamie says

“You could say that, my professors could say different. I was good in class, when it came to exams it just blew right over my head” she explains.

“So, where are all you folks held up. You have a camp? More people? Two men, two kids. Sounds like a crappy sitcom.” Nate asks us.

Luke and Jamie look at each other unsure of how to respond. Would they tell them about Wellington?

************

Yes! Before you ask Nate is THE Nate. The one and only Nate from 400 days. A little back story not included in the story is how after being with Russell he travelled north, coming across a group of college kids. Thinking he could pull the teacher they were with he tried to join them. When he joined he watched some of the college kids die which changed him for the better. He decided to go with Brittany after everyone else died. They have been travelling for two months together, they came across the mall and cleared out as much as they could finding the bed shop. Boarding it up and taking supplies from the other shops they trapped themselves inside and had one opening door. Inside Nate is scared although he will never admit to it and keeps it locked inside.