24 - Shopping

I have attached a file I made using Photoshop and bit strips. Now don't kill me, I hate bit strips too but I'm not exactly a top artists so I couldn't draw them myself. I just wanted everyone to get the idea of what each character looks like. As you can see we have Turner in the middle and all of the other characters. Hope you enjoy this longer chapter. New characters as well, you might be able to guess who they are from the picture :) enjoy the chapter.

"So when you go out there things will be dangerous. This is the biggest place we've hit. It has over 200 stores and we want to check EVERY single one" Turner explains standing on the podium from church.

Luke walks up beside me and joins the meeting. He was late.

"Where have you been?" I whisper to him.

"Saying goodbye. Anna hates my guts for this" he mutters back.

I continue to listen to whatever Turner has to say.

"You will find coffee shops, take the coffee beans. You will find bed shops, take the beds. You will find electrical shops, strip them for wiring and other various parts. You find a clothing shop, you bring back as much as possible. We need this stuff, if you see another lorry on the way you take it. The more we can carry at once the better. On the first day one team will be in the parking lot to make sure all of the gas is out of them cars, we need that as well. The second team will begin to force entry on the mall and clear any walkers in slight. Good?" Turner explains.

"Good" everyone says and nods back.

"I expect you all back here in less than two weeks time and for the love of God don't die" Turner says as he knocks on the podium with a small hammer.

We all begin to pile up in the trucks and lorry. Luke was driving one of the trucks and me and Josh were going to sit in the back of it. Everyone began to pulls away and go out of Wellington. Me and Josh bounced around in the back of the truck as it went over the dirt bumps.

Loads of people were waving us off. It was nice but there wasn't many, the majority of Wellington was on this mission, around 25 people some whom I had never spoken to before.

“You ready for this?” Josh asks me. Luke was driving silently in the front, I don’t think he was pleased about coming along.

“As ready as I'll ever be, it’s not that bad. I’m actually excited. ” I admit

"My dads never let me out like this before, he must be really serious about this operation. I have no idea why he’s not coming, he must be worried sick.” Josh explains.

"Well he's trusted you to go out. I'm pretty sure you're old enough for this stuff now" I say holding onto the side of the truck as we get onto the main road.