"Yeah, I guess." He sighs and we end up playing cars in the back of the truck for a couple of hours before we finally come to the mall. It was interesting going down all of the empty roads just passing a walker every now and then. I had brought my infamous hatchet along with me, I missed using it and I couldn't wait to kill a walker, sounded strange but I missed the excitement.

We pulled up in the carpark of the shopping mall. Everyone began to pile out of the trucks and lorries we had spent hours in. Luke immediately got out of the drivers seat and stretched out by the door.

"Gather round everyone, we need to speak quickly before we do this!" It was Edith, she was standing on top of one of the old cars about to instruct what is about to happen alongside Harrison and Danny.

"We get everything we can as fast as we can. We don't want to be here longer than a week. Watch your six, we don't want any accidents. Stay alert and for fucks sake don't die. Kill as many as you can and report what you can back to me, Edith or Danny" Harrison said from upon the truck.

"What you waiting for? You know your teams, dispatch!" Danny says stomping his foot on the car.

Me, Luke, Jamie and Josh head off to start cleaning out the mall. The mall was eerie and dark, a skylight roof allowed the afternoon light to seep through. We began to pick off a few walkers one by one a swift kick in the knee and a chop in the head, dark liquid spilled out when I removed the hatchet from the coconut like skull. It was my first walker kill in months. It felt normal again.

"Its going to take ages to clean this shit up" Luke says sticking his machete into the brain of a corpse coming towards him.

"But I bet there's good loot!" I say back as I watch Josh stab a knife into the top of a lurkers head.

We continue to clean the main section of the mall out, revealing the different shops. A few Starbucks, clothing stores, a bed store, a toy store, a bookstore, a restaurant and a card shop all in the section we were in.

"Where do you want to check first?" Luke asks both me a Josh. Jamie stands there awkwardly cleaning the hammer he had.

"I don't know about you but I want to go in the toy shop" I laugh.

"Look we'll have plenty of time for that later, let's think about the more crucial things like food, Starbucks and the restaurant first?" Jamie says his point.

"Agreed. Let's do this" Luke agrees and we all walk into the restaurant it was dirty and had blood stained tables. Fine dining was not an option anymore.

"Mmm what's on the menu?" Jamie says picking up a crusted menu.

"Are you serious?" Luke asks folding his arms and looking around for anything to scavenge. Me and Josh just aimlessly walk around the tables with our weapons drawn. Jamie goes into the kitchen still holding the menu. We all follow and he looks in the cupboards.

"Knifes are on the menu, a can of beans and five cans of peaches. Your bill will be ready soon" Jamie says as he throws the menu behind him and pushes all the items on the counter.

"Nice find" Josh says feeling the butchers life in his hand.

We take the scruffy backpacks we all own and place the items inside. Me and Josh agree to going into the bed store for new mattresses that we can drag out later on. Jamie and Luke went into the Starbucks to look for coffee and stale granola bars on the counters.

Josh goes in front of me as he attempts to open the boarded up door.

"Why would you border a bed store?" Josh laughs bashing his shoulder against it to try and knock it down.