Chapter 20

(Tris's POV)
"It will work, right?" I ask Tobias this question repeatedly, his answer is always, "I hope."
A hollow feeling engulfs my insides as we fall inline with the other dauntless soldiers, blending in perfectly. I dart my eyes around, looking for familiar faces, and am horrified to find Christina, Uriah, and Will lined up among the rest. But what worries me the most is the absence of Peter. If that no good, traitor isn't here fighting under mind control, then he must be working with those who set up this attack
All around me, small Abnegation children run into homes, parents look terrified at the dark mob approaching them like black clouds ready to create a storm.

A short, stubby man in grey steps in front of the mob, demanding our purpose. A Dauntless soldier steps forward, takes out his gun, and shoots him clear in the chest. I choke, the man looks down surprised at the bleeding wound that soaks his grey robe of representing selflessness with the red blood of a man who made the ultimate sacrifice.

The murderer turns back and resumes her place in the lines. It was Christina. In perfect step, we continue to march forward, I try not to cry as I pass the dead mans body, and soil the blood around him with the dirt of my shoes.

Smalls groups of three soldiers break off and attack various houses. Dragging horrified Abnegation members out into the street and onto their knees.

Eric searches around, standing with his arms crossed, and a smirk on his face as he watches an entire faction crumble to pieces. His smirk hardens when he sees me and Tobias, we are as good as dead.

---------------------------------------------
Please comment and vote! Love you my rebels. ❤️😊 don't forget to read Emergent, my sequel to Allegiant(Continuation)! :-)