Chapter 2

I sit, the wind whipping my hair across my face. Tobias sits across from me, neither of us say a word. We left.

I look out of the opening and see a pink and gold sky, the sun making it's way above this wretched landscape. I know where to get off, I used to pass the factionless sector every day on my way to school. The thought of home makes me sad and scared. I can't imagine what my parents will say when they see me groveling on the streets, begging for food from them. I can't imagine it. I push the terrible thoughts out if my mind and focus on Tobias. I can't read his expression, it is blank. He is looking down at his shoes, and biting the inside of his cheek.

"I'm sorry" I shout over the wind. "For what" he responds. "For taking you with me, you had a thriving life in dauntless, and I took that away from you." I yes looking down at my shoes. He moves closer, so that he does not have to yell over the wind. "Hey, I came with you because I want to, because I love you." And then his lips are on mine. "I love you too." I say when we part. He fits his mouth to mine again, a smile spread across his face.

We stay like this for the rest of the trip. Until finally the outline of abnegation comes into view. Tobias and I stand in the doorway, hand in hand, and jump into the unknown.

---------------------------------------------

Hoped you all enjoyed! Please comment and vote. :-)