Lovise and Ro

"So," Ro said slowly, "do you think that since there's going to be an actual lgbt couple in their friend group, they'll gain the courage to become an actual thing."

"It'd be a lot easier for us if they do." Lovise admitted, leaning back against the wall as she glared at Dex's door.  She really wished the kid hadn't sound proofed everything so that she could actually hear him and Keefe speaking.

Not to mention, it was seriously unsafe. What if an intruder came in and she couldn't hear him?

"They're probably both too stupid though to realize they've got it bad for each other." Ro sighed.  "Seriously, my boy's an Empath and he's still an oblivious idiot when it comes to this kinda stuff."

"As I recall," Lovise replied, "he knew Sophie liked him for a little bit there - but he was also extremely cautious of her being 'ready enough'."

"If he does that again I'm literally locking him in one of my father's prison cells until he agrees to ask out the Dexinator." Ro decided.

Lovise couldn't tell if she was kidding or not, but considering the ogre princess, she probably was until she wasn't. 

"Why do we have to stand outside, by the way?" Ro mumbled.  "Lord Hunkyhair lets me stay in his room - even when he has people over."

"That's probably because his father is a bigger idiot than he is."

"Got that right - but seriously.  Would it kill your charge to have us in there?"

The female goblin tilted her head from side to side as though considering it as she rechecked her pockets to make sure her weapons were still in place.  "Sometimes I think it would."

Ro raised an eyebrow.

"I have walked in on him without knocking before," she explained, "at 3:00 in the morning because I thought I heard crying.  And I found him on the floor, surrounded by broken chips, sobbing his eyes out."

"The fludge?" Ro snickered.  It took Lovise a moment to remember what the word meant in the ogre language.  "Wh - why?"

Lovise shrugged.  "It was finals week."

"That's still..." Ro cackled, "That's still weird."

Lovise nodded.  "But you can't tell me you haven't found Sencen doing something equally as strange."

"Can't deny that." Ro said.  She reached into her pocked for a dagger and began cleaning the undersides of her nails.  "That's why they're absolutely perfect for each other."

"Great - we'll have two sobbing boys surrounded by chips."

"It'd be a wholesome bonding moment."