Dex Would Never

Keefe tapped his foot impatiently by the door of the alchemy room.  What on earth was taking Dex so long?  He'd been waiting for ten minutes and still there was no sign of either him or Lovise.

"Maybe you should just go in."  Ro deadpanned.  

Keefe shook his head.  "I don't want to interrupt anything important."

"Dude, it's been an eternityyy! I'm hungry!"

Keefe groaned.  "Let's just wait a few more minutes.  I'm sure they'll be out by the-"

"You've been saying that for the past fifteen we've been standing here."  Ro snapped.  "Whatever.  I'm going in myself."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!"  Keefe slid in front of the door, praying it wouldn't slam open.  "Just let them have a bit more time."

The ogre princess' response was to pick Keefe up, move him to the side, and barge into the classroom.

Keefe face palmed before he followed her in there.  "I'm so sorry.  I tried to make her wait but... Where's Dex and Lovise?"

Dex's teacher looked up from her place at the desk where she was sat reading.  "I figured he'd ran off with you somewhere."

Ro groaned.

"Oh," Keefe said, his face getting hot.  "I'm sorry.  He isn't with me... Do you have any work I can take to him when I see him?  Maybe he got sick."  Worry spiked through his veins.  Dex excelled at alchemy and yeah, if there were any class he'd skip it'd be that one but... Dex never skipped.  Especially without telling him.

"Here."  The teacher took out a few papers from her desk and handed them to Keefe who'd walked over.  "Tell him to expect a long lecture."

"I will.  Sorry for coming in without warning again."  Keefe mumbled.  He and Ro left without another word.

"Dexy being rebellioussss."  Ro smirked.  "You really are rubbing off on him."

Keefe shook his head.  "He's probably just sick or something.  We should go to his house and make sure he's okay-"

"Not before I get food!"  Ro announced.  Her decision seemed very final as she lead the two of them to the cafeteria.

Rolling his eyes, Keefe shoved Dex's papers into his bag.  He hated to admit it, but he felt a little hurt at being left out if Dex really had skipped.

"Hey, uh, I've spotted your boyfriend."  Ro whispered after they'd gotten to the lunch room.

Keefe followed her gaze to their usual table and he couldn't help but tilt his head at the sight of the other.  "That's not Dex.  He'd never wear that."

Ro snorted.  "Look at Lovise."

Indeed, the female goblin had one of the biggest smirks on her face when he caught sight of where she was.  And it only stretched once she saw him and Ro.

"Can you just grab me something to eat?"  Keefe asked, not waiting for a reply as he left the ogre behind and headed for the seat Dex had saved.

"Hey, Keefe!"  Biana giggled.  She was way too happy.

The Empath sat down and stole a glance at Dex who's face was in his hands.  You could still tell his ears were pink however.  Ignoring Biana's question, Keefe set his hand on the Technopath's head.  "You okay there, babe?  Did you loose a bet with Lovise or something?"

Dex made a noise that probably could've been classified as an angry squirrel before his head crashed to the table, his arms displayed in front of him.

"I think you look good."  Sophie tried, shooting Keefe a look that seemed to scream 'HELP HIM!'

"Me too."  Keefe said awkwardly.  He wasn't lying - whatever Lovise had forced Dex into wasn't bad.  It hugged him nicely.  But... "Do you want a change of clothes though?...  I've never seen you wear something so..."

"I'm surprised."  Tam's words probably weren't meant to be heard, but Keefe glared anyways.

Dex sat up and, after rubbing his hands down his face, he looked over at Keefe with a very forced smile.  "I'm going to kill Lovise."

Keefe snorted.  "Yeah, I figured.  Ro probably has some bacteria I could steal too-"

"NO WAY!"  The female ogre yelled right in his ear.  He hadn't realized she was so close...

Keefe flinched, hugging Dex a little bit and looking up at Ro who was... smiling.

"You look good, Dizznee."  She said.

Dex's face flushed again and Keefe decided that he was going to attack the next person who made him embarrassed or flustered again.

Keefe let his left hand find it's way to the inward curve of Dex's hip which was way more distinguishable than he'd ever realized... Then again, the Technopath normally just looked like a perfectly straight line because of the clothes he wore.  It was weird to be able to tell that he even had a bit of arm muscle.

Dex rested his head on Keefe's shoulder, leaning up to whisper, "This is why I like baggy clothes."

Keefe nodded in understanding before leaning down to whisper a response.  "I have some spares in my locker - they'll probably be way too big, but they won't be so form fitting."

Dex took a moment to consider and then nodded.

"Where you two lovers headed off to?"  Fitz grinned.  Keefe kicked him under the table, not at all expecting to feel genuine curiosity and maybe even a bit of concern.

"We're gonna go rob the councilors."  Keefe answered.  He slid out of his seat and held out a hand to help Dex up.

.-.

Ro cackled into her hand.  "Oh my god the plans going perfectly.  Do we even have to guide them anymore?"

Lovise grinned.  "I know - he practically sprinted into the trap earlier.  And Keefe came up with that suggestion without so much as a second thought."

"You two are fools."  Sandor's squeaky voice said from beside them, which only made Ro laugh harder.

"You have to admit though," Lovise said, "it's working."

Ro regained herself after a moment.  "Come on - we're supposed to be bodyguards too."

Sandor looked like he wanted to slam his head against the wall as the two females ran off.