Bonfire

Base Quest, thankfully, went by as normally as ever.  Keefe, Dex, Sophie, and Biana were all on one team while Fitz, Tam, and Linh were on the other.  They decided to ban abilities since Sophie was on the side with more people and the last time they'd played, Linh had soaked everyone.

The game went on in circles before a team would win and then they'd reset and do it all over again.  Needless to say, Keefe's team won the most rounds.  Gays were always superior.

They finished at sundown when Della called everyone in for dinner (which was massive - seriously, were they cooking for a whole kingdom?!) and after they were stuffed and it was completely dark outside it was FINALLY time for the bonfire.

The best part of the whole day, Keefe was pretty sure it'd be.

Biana walked around, handing everyone a heated blanket.  She winked when she gave the one to both Keefe and Dex before walking back to Sophie with theirs and wrapping them up in it.

The Empath looked at Dex who seemed perfectly fine even though it seemed to be freezing outside.  They hadn't started the fire yet.

With a bit of awkward ungracefulness, Keefe unfolded the blanket, handing a corner of it to Dex who put half of it around him, leaving the rest to Keefe who had to scoot even closer in order to comfortably fit.

"When do you think Alden will start the fire?"  Dex whispered in Keefe's ear.  He jumped.

"I dunno," he whispered back, "probably pretty soon. They might bring out ripplefluffs first though."

"We just ate enough to feed an army of ogres - no offense."  Dex looked back at Ro.

The princess shrugged, mouthing the words 'I'm still hungry.'

Keefe raised an eyebrow and lifted his hand, making a gesture as if to say, 'What? How?'

Ro shrugged, eyes wide like the whole thing was a huge mystery to her.

Dex snorted.  "You two are weird."

Lovise nodded alone with him.  She stood next to Ro under a tree and even though they too had been given blankets, they weren't using them.

Keefe rolled his eyes and looked back at where the fire would be soon.  "What are you gonna write?"

"Isn't that supposed to be a secret?"  Dex questioned.

Before Keefe could respond, Alden and Della came back out.  Della was carrying a tray of ripplefluffs (which she began to pass around.  Yes, the boys took some) and Alden stood directly in front of the fire, a special lighter in hand.

"It is best that you all write the thing you would like to burn the most."  He announced.

Everyone scribbled something down on their paper.  As a joke, Keefe leaned over to take a peak at what Dex had written, but the boy snatched the paper away before he could see and threw it into the pit, face down.  The Empath did the same.

"Now," Alden continued.  "For the flame.  Are you all ready?"  He grinned at the last part.

Fitz, Dex, Sophie, Biana, Keefe, Tam, Linh, and even Ro all cheered as Alden set the paper inhis own hand aflame and threw it down, igniting the entire bonfire which quickly shot into the air.

Keefe heard Biana chuckle as Sophie squeaked, probably startled by how big the fire was.

Dex shivered.

"You okay?" Keefe asked, leaning more towards him.

Dex nodded, but he still didn't look or feel okay.