(FILLER) The Waiter...

A week later, the boys stat practically in the middle of Atlantis - even though they were supposed to be walking around on a "date" (which was really just a 'lets's find prank supplies!' day).  However...

Keefe's chin rested in his hand as he glared at the waiter, who was going back to the kitchen to report what he and Dex had ordered.  Normally, he wouldn't be so 'get away from my (fake) boyfriend', but this was an exception.  That guy, who happened to be in his year, would.  Not.  Stop.  Flirting.  With.  Dex.  As they ordered and it was clearly making the Technopath uncomfortable.

"Keefe?  Keeefe?"  Dex waved a hand in front of his face to get his attention.  "Are you okay?"

Keefe forced his look to soften as he looked at the other.  "Yeah, why?"

"You're kinda scowling like Mr. Forkle over there."

"I am?"  He asked, screwing up his face.  His eyes looked back at the waiter to make sure he wasn't creeping up on anyone else.

"Yeah?..."  Dex's glanced at where Keefe was staring.  "Are you and that guy on bad terms or something?"

Keefe shook his head.  "I just got some bad vibes is all."

"I thought you only got those with Sophie?"

"It's not Empath related," Keefe said with a sigh before turning back to Dex.  "Why?  Do you like him or something?"

Dex raised an eyebrow, his "Noooo..." was very confused and slow as though he were trying to process why Keefe would ask such a question.

"You sure?  'Cause I'm not upset if you do."

"I'm pretty positive, Keefe."  Dex said, before his attention was snatched away by no other than that darned waiter.

"Hey, so - uh - what you ordered we're apparently out of.  Would you like anything else?  I'll give you a discount for the inconvenience."  His black, messy hair was stupid.  It made him look like a wanna be Keefe, but way less cute.  And his way too obvious flustered-ness as he spoke to Dex.  Seriously, he could tone it down a bit.

"Oh, no, it's fine!"  Dex gave a sweet dimpled smile.  "I'll just have what he's having."

Keefe grinned up at the waiter and then turned back towards Dex.  "Wanna get what your boyfriend's gettin', huh?"  He had to show this guy that he had no chance.

"Yep."  Dex said, puzzled.

The waiter's smile faltered a bit before he nodded, wrote it down, thanked the strawberry blond, and walked away.  Keefe felt himself smile.  No one messes with his... uh, fake-boyfriend-friend!

"Why did you feel the need to insert yourself so badly?"  Dex said.

It took Keefe a moment to realize he wasn't happy.  "Oh come on!  He was totally flirting with you!"

"He was apologizing for not being able to make what I ordered," Dex corrected.

"Yeah, uh, Dexy, I don't know how to tell you this, but he was head over heels for you and he needs to know that he doesn't stand a chance before it's too late."

Dex furrowed his eyebrows, not breaking eye contact with Keefe as he crossed his arms and sat back.  "Excuse you?"

"You're way too good for him is all I'm saying."  Nice save, Keefe.

"I'm not way too good for anyone."  Dex said.  "And I can take care of myself - I don't need you bursting in every time someone does something you don't like.  If I get uncomfortable, I'll deal with it, but you had no need to crush that guy's spirits.  It's not like I'll probably see him again."

"So what I'm getting is, you're acknowledging that he liked you?"  Keefe confirmed.

Dex rolled his eyes.   "That doesn't matter.  You should've gotten everything else I said."

"You can take care of yourself, I know."  Keefe grumbled.  He took a sip of his water.  "But I thought you said you didn't like him."

"I don't."

"Good, because you're mine."

Dex laughed like he couldn't believe what he was hearing - and not in a good way.  "What?  I'm not anyone's and I never will be.  I'm not property that you can claim.  Neither are you.  Neither is Sophie.  Nor Biana, or Fitz, or Tam, or Linh, or anybody."

"Why are you getting so defensive?  That was a pickup line."  Keefe pouted.  Why did the movies and books always play out differently?

Dex huffed.  "I'm not meaning to be, but it's just, I don't like your attitude right now.  It's cute for a little bit, but after a while it gets annoying.  You were never like this before."  Something like a smirk suddenly came onto his face.  "Sometimes it's almost like you're forgetting we're not actually together."

Keefe felt his cheeks get hot as he denied the idea and apologized hastily.  He took another drink of his water, hoping their meal would be there soon.