(FILLER) New Plan: Don't Sleep

SKSKSKSKSKSKKSKSKSKsdfjsdl;hfkasjhkawehsf;ilawej.kdfsijawe;udfha'owiefjewrfwnrkgdfle
Sorry, I needed to get that out.

Keefe clutched the two mugs in his hand, one much bigger than the other and the opposite already half drunken.  In front of him was the Dizznee house, somehow feeling much more quiet than the last time he'd been there, which was just last night.  Then again, it was 4:45 in the morning and he was pretty sure even the triplets were still knocked out.

He took another sip of his knackcreme (Sophie had once compared it to a yummier version of some weird human substance called coffee) and hoped the other in his hand - the much larger one - would help Dex get through the day without passing out.

Eventually they'd come to the idea that a fake hickey might've been a little too odd and way too risky with the fact that somebody other than Fitz could see it, so they went back to the thinking box and came out with a somehow even more reckless idea: a very sleepy Dex Dizznee.

Screw Fitz's wiggle eyebrows.  They could be cinched off by Marella.

Clearing his throat, he gave a few soft knocks to the door, standing outside for a moment before it was opened by a semi-exhausted looking Kesler.

"Oh, uh, hi sir."  Keefe said with an awkward smile.  As far as the older man knew, he and Dex were dating and Keefe Sencen did not want to get on his bad side.

"It's rather early..." Kesler said, moving to the side to let the Empath in and out of the cold nonetheless.  "I don't suppose that giant one's for me."

Keefe forced a laugh at the halfhearted joke.  "No, but I can bring you some next time.  I didn't know you'd be up so early - then again, this is the time Dex said to come."  Good save, good save.

The Dizznee shrugged.  "Sometimes I gotta get to Slurps and Burps early so I can restock elixirs - don't wanna be there all night or else I'll miss seeing my family."

"That'd suck."  Keefe said.

Kesler nodded in agreement before saying, "Dex should just be in his room - I actually wouldn't be surprised if he's still asleep."

Keefe snickered before taking a rather quick ascent up the stairs.  Well that wasn't awkward or anything...

After a minute, he was by Dex's door.  He pushed it open slowly, revealing a very tired Technopath, still in his pajamas and working on a gadget of sorts.

"Morning," Keefe said, stepping into the room and closing the bedroom door when he realized Dex hadn't noticed him.

The other's head turned to the side slowly.  "Oh, hi."  He yawned.

Keefe snorted.  "I brought you a giant mug of knackcreme."

Dex took the offered drink and fought off another yawn.  "Thank you."

"Did you take any naps at all?"

"A few - like, I maybe got three hours of sleep."

"Aww," Keefe cooed.  He got down on his knees so he could wrap his arms around Dex, who was still in his desk chair, and put his head on the boy's shoulder.  "Are you sure you'll be able to make it to lunch?"

Dex shrugged.  He stared at his wall as Keefe swiveled him from side to side gently.

"Would a shower wake you up a bit more?  We want a sleepy, conscious Dex.  Not an unconscious resting Dex."

He shrugged again and tilted his head so that it rested on Keefe's.  "Can I sleep at lunch?"

"Yes."

Dex nodded and Keefe wondered if he'd fallen back asleep before he spoke again, "Your hair smells good."

"Thank you?"  Keefe laughed a bit.  "It's all the product to get these gorgeous locks - which, by the way, you should totally let me do your hair sometime."

"Is this what Sophie had to deal with when you and her were hanging out all the time?"

"Nah, I'm a lot more tame with you, surprisingly."

Dex became confused (and maybe a little envious?), "Tame?"

"Yeah, like, I don't flirt with you every chance I get.  Then again, you're a lot less oblivious, so..."

"When have you ever flirted with me now?"  Amazing grammar.

"Well, that'd reveal my secrets, Dexy."

"You suck," Dex mumbled, sitting back up and shaking his head.  He reached forward as Keefe let go of him and grabbed the knackcreme.

.-.

"Hi," Keefe greeted.  He grinned at everyone's faces.

Biana and Sophie looked like they were close to tears, Tam had a small smirk with a weird tenderness to his eyes, Linh wore a sweet smile, and Fitz looked a little bit taken aback.

To be fair, however, Keefe did have Dex clinging to his arm and practically putting all of his weight on the blond boy as he struggled to keep himself awake and upright.

"Hi," Dex slurred.  Keefe grinned as he carefully pulled his arm free and wrapped it around the Technopath, who rested his cheek against the side of his collar bone.

"How much sleep did you get last night?"  Tam questioned.

"He didn't," Keefe said, giving Dex a slightly disproving look for the bit.  "I told him to stay home today, but he refused even though he won't understand anything."

"Mm, but now I get to cuddle my boyfriend."

Keefe snickered at the way Dex tried to hide his blush by turning his head and rubbing his nose against him.

Just then the bell rang.  Keefe gave a salute as he turned the two of them around and began walking towards where Dex had told him his first period class was.

It became more and more difficult to dodge students as they attempted to walk down the halls.

"Why don't I just carry you?"  Keefe was joking, but the Technopath actually almost looked emotional at the offer.  Who knew he'd be so tired.

"Would you?"

Keefe shrugged and forced away a blush as he lead them to the side and let Dex hop onto his back.  He grabbed the boy's legs and continued to walk with the crowd of people, getting a few glances and stares on the way.  Dex's jaw laid against the back of his head until he had to let him back down.