Rant: I think I'm going to write a letter to North Ave

Yes, you read that right: I think I'm going to write a letter to North Ave about Baltimore City College High School. Trust and believe I have plenty to talk about.

1) The Uniform Policy.

2) The Lack of Rule Enforcement and Power Misusage

3) Personal Project vs IB Program

4) Wikis and Scan Cards

You see, the recent staff employment are misusing their authority but when their higher up comes around, they care not to repeat it. Why, o bold and noble new staff member, why do you cower? Go ahead and repeat what you said around the one who pays you for the shit you do.

It's not only the new staff, no no no! The older staff as well. You see, it wasn't until last year that both uniform and a new scan system was put into place. If you are going to enforce uniform, please tell both the IB student with jeans on and the MYP student with his/her shirt unbuttoned. Don't suddenly decide to get the rules in check when Hall of Fame comes, or when classes are being watched; do it all the time.

Lastly, with the online sites? Do not tell us to use them if you do not know how to even use them yourself. I believe that much should speak for itself, but please let me continue: Google, Managebac, CASS, these three things were more so thrown at us instead of progressively introduced. CASS I can say is easily adaptable, since we had a test run of it (unlike Google and Managebac), however, the only swiping we do is to get into the building. Unless it has been modified since, we were told to swipe into classrooms as well. That happened a half of a year and then stopped altogether.

I absolutely do not mind new things but it becomes rather, hmmm, insolent when the new things are shoved in our faces by the ones who, by taking on a job in the school, swore to help us. Truly, I'd love to have a school day where a class is not interrupted by a hall monitor nitpicking people out of uniform but are learning in oppose to the ones in uniform who are being disruptive. I'd love to come to school, go to class, and go to to and from the bathroom without being asked "where's your hall pass?"

If the staff can't trust the teachers to allow students to go through the halls, in beliefs they'll return (and giving them a pass if they feel otherwise), what truly is the point of having school outside of home anyways? Not to mention both homeschooling and online classes!

But I'll go ahead and allow the school system to dehumanize and robotisize me, simply, because anyone under the age of 18 is not allowed to even think about using their known rights as an American.