Just Not Fair

*visuals, this is my image of Anise Di Cuia

We arrived at GeGe's unharmed and I only have my superb driving skills to thank. Anise turned the music down, packing her bag up to get out of the car when the rev of an engine further up the road caught our attention. As curious as I was I didn't stop getting out of the car, walking to the hood waiting for her to get her shit together.

It's chilly out, I'm ultimately glad I wore a jacket but the shirt that I am missing wasn't a great idea. It was Friday night and I was going out to eat like the fat bitch I was but instead of just one fat bitch it's going to be two enjoying food and so that made me smile. Food makes me happy.

Anise made it to where I was, I watched as she pulled her dress down. It was taking us forever to get into the restaurant and she sensed my annoyance because she motioned me to come along.

"Finally." I muttered.

Inside is so warm and the smell of juicy burgers made my heartthrob in the weirdest ways.

'Table for two', I motioned to the waitress. Anise nodded as we followed her to a booth by the window per our request. We sat down and began looking through the menu.

" I think I want the baby burger," I said looking at the voluptuous mound of meat and cheese that is the ironic famous baby burger because it was anything BUT baby.

"I want it with a chocolate shake please "I felt the giddiness trying to reach my pores. Foooooddd.

" You're ordering your nasty ass veggie burger ?" I asked casually, she nodded and ordered her veggie food through the digital waiter app. The tech was impeccable for such a country restaurant but the food is immeasurable. We began spilling over homework and assignments, waiting for our food and occupying ourselves with pointless chatter.

" I'm surprised the football team isn't here, this is their winning place " I raised a brow at her statement.

Oh you fucker, I scowled, watching her lips twist into a coy smile. I felt my heart leap subconsciously, since the season just started I can see why I never knew this plus I only found this place about a month ago.

" Really? " she nodded confirming, checking her Instagram not looking at me. Fuck.

As if all the angels above came together to especially shit on me, the most miraculous thing. I squinted as I was blinded by a car that pulled in blaring loud Reggae music. The people inside the car were so loud, you could hear them from inside the restaurant. The car was a drop-top Audi and to my utter dismay, it was filled with buff teenagers who looked like they just won a game. Ha.

I panicked but it was all too late. The group of guys horse playing outside made noise before they eventually came in. I felt him before I saw him if that made any sense, The first face I saw was so sadly familiar. I felt my insides turn and I suddenly wanted to leave... but ... but my food.

I tried to train my eyes in on specific place but I'm pretty sure that made it much more noticeable.

" you're making yourself stand out " Anise mumbled, dammit.

I raised my eyes to look at something else when my eyes met with a bright chocolate gaze eyes gorging silently, My stomach fell and suddenly it was way too hot in here, I coughed trying to pull my eyes away but for the life of me, I couldn't look away. What was wrong with me?

His eyes glowed fiercely in the dim light of the candles and fairy lights but it was enough to notice. I watched slowly and torturously as he raised a ripped arm to run through his dark hair, and twist the curls between his fingers, his eyes never leaving me during the entire process. To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. Like someone heard my scream for help, his friend nudged him and reluctantly he looked away from me but not before flashing me a sneaky smile. I felt my heart drop and now I wanted this food to go. I didn't know what that smile meant and I didn't want to find out. I stood abruptly. Anise looked at me in shock.